23. Find her

Donovan's p.o.v

Fuck!

I raced towards the office Vincent had just entered when I hung up on the phone. Her scream has been echoing throughout my head for the past minute as all I could do is stand there and feel my world crumbling around me. Panic began to hit me and like the waves crashing the shore, it just kept repeating over and over and over again. As I entered the office, Vincent snapped his head towards me before dismissing the leggy blonde sitting beside him and if I wasn't filled with rage, I would have rolled my eyes at him.

With just one look, Vincent's face turned cold as he shouted for the woman to hurry the fuck out. Anything exchanged between the three of us was confidential and no worker or person was allowed to be in the same room as us if we were to discuss things.

"What the fuck happened now?" He practically hissed. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself but all I could see was her face, staring back at me with eyes that could kill. Before I knew it, my fist met the wall, making a hole between what was once a clean and sturdy beige wall and my hands. With Vince's hand placed upon my shoulder... I broke. A man was known to not shed a damn tear but this was the love of my life that I will lose if not lost yet. And the thought of her cheeks not flushing with color when I make a dirty joke or that beautiful smile that I will not be able to see anymore, it.. It kills me. She was right. I need her more than I wanted to lead on. She was life and I love her.

I live her.

She gave me purpose and I need her alive so that I can live the rest of my days with her, where we belong, right next to one another.

"Who took her?" Pierce hissed. I had my head placed on my hands as I stared blankly at the ground. This was my fault. I should have stayed or I should have brought her home myself but I didn't. I just wanted her to be home as soon as possible because I couldn't deal with her getting hurt again because of me. I just wanted her away from me so she could be safe. I know I'm selfish. As she dreamed one night, her lips caressed the word "Home" and that was something that I wanted to give to her. But I didn't know how to. I was always running from danger and away from the woman that I will always love. I never meant to fall for her after saving her from Jamison. But then she smiled. She talked. She breathed. And I was in love.

When she met Vincent, I could see that she was scared since many rumors that people came up with spread fast. We were ex-cons or prisoners who broke out. They even said that I wasn't really my age. They were right for that one. Instead of running away, she smiled at Vincent and scared him when she went for a hug. That was the first time in a month that Pierce and I have seen a generous smile from him. Pierce thought that Emery was an angel as he was drunk off his ass and she was dressed in white while helping me carry him to bed.

I want a family with Emery. I want to have mini little Em's and Donovan's running around and I want to hold her in my arms and know that we made it through these shitty moments in our lives. That we beat all obstacles because our love was a lot stronger than all the fucking problems thrown at us.

"Stop blaming yourself kid. It's not your fault," Vincent suddenly muttered as he had his fisted hand placed under his chin. He could read me so well. I looked at him and shrugged.

"It is my fault. Emery just wanted me to stay with her. But I didn't listen and now..." My words trailed off.

"Who took her then? Marco was last seen in Los Angeles doing god knows what so who else would take her besides him? He knows that she's the only person who matters to us and no one else gives a shit about us. Perhaps Marco had someone kidnap her but he knows for damn sure that if anything happens to our Emery, there will be no mercy for how we kill Marco." Vincent chuckled as did I.