How To Kill A Zombie!!

Heyy... if you could please read and add comments.. :D

Tell me if you like it and i will carry on writing it..!!

Any idea's are welcome!!

Love Steph

______________________________________________________________________________

The Escape

I could hear it downstairs moving around in the kitchen knocking what sounded like pans onto the floor. Then it went silent, I struggled to keep calm, wedging myself further into the corner. I leaned my back against the wall with my hands in front gripping the hockey stick tightly in my sweaty palms. My short brown hair clung to my scalp and I strained my ears toward the locked door trying to hear the slightest sound that would tell me where it was.

It felt like hours till I heard a bump and the creak coming from the stairs, then a sound as if a body was dragging itself up. Do I wait until it finds me?? Or do I find a way out while I can. Just as the thought crossed my mind I glanced at the window over the bed. Forcing myself away from the wall I scrambled onto my bed leaving muddy marks on my favourite blue and silver cover. Dragging the curtains open I looked out into my garden and at the large trampoline sitting at the back. If I could just get to it I could use it to get over the fence and into the field.

Leaning the hockey stick on the bed I grabbed at the handle and opened the window as wide as it would go. Sticking my head out the window I measured how far it was to the ground. "BANG" I jumped and winced as I scraped the side of my head against the window frame, my heart leaping into my mouth as the door shuddered. I grabbed the hockey stick from my bed and chucked it onto the shed roof. It landed with a clatter, almost toppling off. Grabbing the window frame I pulled myself up onto the ledge, my fingernails dug in to the wood. I whipped my head around to the sound of the lock breaking and the door swung violently back into the wall. It fell forward onto the floor, my blood turned to ice as I watched it grab the bed and pull itself up. What stood there resembled a man, but I saw no intelligence in his eyes, all I could see was hunger.

With a sudden movement it lunged across the bed towards me reaching out to pull me back inside. I let out a startled squeak and before I could think about it I half fell and half threw myself at the shed landing on my hands and knees. The shock of the impact travelled up my arms and legs, making them feel fuzzy and numb, I'm pretty sure I would have bruises and scrapes later. Better than being eaten alive though. Looking back up at the window I could see it hanging half way out reaching it's hand out to me, a couple of it's fingers where sticking out enough to make me cringe, it's mouth agape and what looked like drool dripping from it's mouth, yuck. The weird thing is I'm pretty sure that the thing used to be Mr. Crann from next door.

Grabbing the hockey stick I scrambled off the roof landing awkwardly on my feet and almost toppling head first into the dirty pond, if you could call it that, really it just looked like a bigger than normal muddy puddle. I ran, not looking back I didn't need to see it throw itself out the window after me. From what I've seen co-ordination doesn't seem to be there strong point.

Reaching the trampoline that was of course covered in the usual bird shit, I swear they aim for it like it's their own personal bull's eye target, that or they're just taking the bloody piss, most likely the latter. I walked/bounced closer to the fence and when I was close enough jumped landing or should I say smacked into the fence, the top of if digging into my gut. I heaved myself over which wasn't easy with one hand holding the hockey stick and landed not so lady like on my arse half in a prickle bush. "Go me" i whisoer sarcastecially.

Picking myself off the ground I ran along the side of the field, it wasn't the easiest thing to do in the dark. The ground was uneven and I swear it was determined to trip me up. I started slowing down as I came to the dark alley that leads onto a street; my breath was ragged and uneven. I admit exercise has never really been a close friend. Brandishing the stick as a weapon I peered round the fence to see only the darkness and faint outlines of the fences and bushes. Hearing and seeing nothing threatening I walked out. Walking slowly down the middle I listened for anything that would indicate I wasn't alone. Which was pretty much everything if my over active imagination had any say in the matter.