Chapter 1 (edited)

© fran1234 all rights reserved

All rights including copyright in the content of this story are owned by Fran1234. It's illegal to steal and/or copy ANYTHING on this page and/or book.

Chapter 1

"Uuhhhh! This so boring! I swear! "

"Well duh! " my best friend Phoenix whispers " what did you expect?"

"Well I'm sorry, but it's true!" I reply.

Uhh! I was in English class, period 3 and our teacher Mrs Lawson was no help at all! She was just babbling on about all the different types of poems created, such as ballads and sonnets. It's not like we need to know this and seriously, who even wants to become the next Shakespeare anyway!

"Ding dong!" the bell rings and the whole class sighs with relief and rushes out of the classroom.

"Thank goodness it's lunch I'm starving" I whine to Phoenix looping my arm with his.

"Okay, okay, that's really no suprise since you're always hungry May" He chuckles.

Okay so my full name is Savannah May but I prefer being called May instead of after some desert. I know May is a month but I can't help it if my parents called me Savannah May.

I always ask them why they named me after a desert and month and their reply was 'It sounded good at the time!'

We arrive at the cafeteria and Phoenix pays for my lunch, as usual.

We then head, to the 'popular' table. Note my sarcasm. Phoenix is on every sport team possible and he's good at what he does too so it automatically earns him a spot in the popular group. Everyone loves him but they didn't accept me, well just the popular cheerleaders because they think I'm just an average girl. But Phoenix refused to sit there unless I was with him. So eventually they got used to me but that didn't mean they changed their attitude towards me.

"Hey Phoenix" Katie drawls butting me out of the way making me stumble almost tipping my tray of food.

"I hate her so much" I mumble under my breath trying to steady myself.

"Are you okay?" Nate asks worry portrayed on his face. Nate plays basketball and one of Phoenix's best mate.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I reply trying to make my fake smile look convincing enough.

Phoenix sends me an apologetic look which I dismiss. I should really consider having lunch with Claire and Trinity. I met them in 7th grade when I wasn't in any of Phenix's classes.

I place my tray down next to Nate which is the only available seat since Katie took my seat next to Phoenix. I eat my pie avoiding eye contact with everyone on the table.

I start daydreaming, blocking out the conversation around me. I wonder what I should do for my birthday? Maybe I should book a hall since I'm turning 18. Yeah that's what I should do. When I go home i'll go online to book a hall and maybe list the people who I'm going to invite.

"So Phoenix, are you free on the 28th next month? We're planning to host the annual sporting party then, but there's no point if the star player isn't there right?" Katie drawls making my ears hurt. Why is her voice so bloody annoying?

"Sorry Katie I can't, it's May's birthday. I definitely can't miss it." Phoenix answers but stops when he sees my distraught face. Why did he have to say it's my birthday!

"May, you didn't tell us your birthday next month. When were you going to invite us?" Pauline asks shooting me her stunning fake smile. How can she even manage to do that when she practically hates me?