A Note from the Villain

The pain... her skin felt as if some invisible force was tearing it off, bit by bit... She took a deep breath, then downed another pain pill. She had been reduced to taking human medications. She would have been ashamed if she cared. The pain was nothing new, and she had many important plans to attend to. Separating her mind from her rotting shell of a body, she observed the bustling city. There were so many of them to choose from, but so many of them would not make any difference.

Some of them had many friends, but none of them truly cared. None of them cared enough to start the uprisings that she depended on. None of them cared enough to do anything about it if their friend of ten years suddenly dropped dead in a pool of their own blood. She needed someone that people cared about.

Some of them had a few friends that truly cared, but these friends had no powerful connections. She needed each victim to be as powerful as the previous. She needed the victim to be a martyr in their death. They needed to be important in many ways.

Ah... a perfect specimen. She had been observing this one for a little while. Before recently, he had been completely uninvolved in the petty affairs of the city. Now, however, he was not only involved, but also very important to people across the city. Several hours of watching confirmed that his death would create quite the splash in the petty little human world. A splash that would add on to the great waves she had already created, building upon an empire that wasn't even aware she existed. Then she would get her revenge, but not yet. Not yet. For now, she needed to add more splashes of red, glorious blood-red, to her masterpiece.