{Don't starve} Wilson x reader [An Evenings Aftermath]

You woke up with a jolt, tears streaming down your face. You rushed out of your tent to see if Wilson was okay. Relief rushed over you as you saw him still sleeping like a baby. You checked your arm and saw no mark. 'So it must've been a dream..' you sighed. You decided to go walking for a bit to calm yourself. After you left a note for Wilson in case he woke up, you started to wonder off. You must've been walking for at least an hour. Where were you? As you took another step your foot sunk into the moist ground. 'Oh great. I'm in a swamp.' You took another step, that foot also sunk under the mud. You tried to get your other foot out from the mud. *pull*....*pull* It was to no avail. You were stuck. "Crap.." You kept calm until you felt something moving around underneath the mud near you. You tried harder to pull yourself out of the mud. Your heart started to beat faster. It went in between your feet. You screamed, surely someone would hear you. "[Y/n]?!" You saw Wilson in the distance. Thank goodness.

"Help, I'm stuck!"

"Okay, stay calm. I'm going to try to get you out."

He started to get closer to you but froze in place. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Wilson? Are you okay?"

.....

"Wils-"

"[Y/n]..dont..move."

'Why?' You looked behind you and saw a huge, spiky, tentacle. You felt the blood drain from your face.

"W-what do i- *cough*"

As soon as you spoke, the tentacle thrusted through your torso. It hurt like hell. Wilson's eyes were wide with fear. Even through his fear he held out a fire staff.

"LET HER GO!!"

A fire ball flung from the staff at the tentacle. It was a direct hit! The tentacle went back into the ground. You fell down, grasping your wound. Wilson ran to your side, tears in his eyes.

"I-im so sorry, [y/n]. I was t-too late..."

He held you close to his chest and started weeping.

'Aw come on, I'm NOT dying like this..'

Just then you felt pain in your chest. Not pain from the wound, but pain from something else. You tensed up to try to relieve some of it.

"W-wilson, could you please p-put me down."

He looked down at your wincing form. He probably though he was hurting you. He nodded and layed you down.

"Ngh...fuck.."

You were muttering curses under your breath. What the hell was this pain coming from. It felt like your skin was melting.

Wait.

You looked down at yourself and saw a familiar purple glow. So that's what's hurting so bad. Wilson saw this and started to panic.

"It's o-okay, Wilson. Trust me. I-it just REALLY hurts..."

This calmed him down. He tried to hold your hand so you wouldn't be in that much pain. You kinda crushed his hand like a pistachio...nice going, reader. Anyways, you felt your skin start to crawl back together.

'I wonder if last night was really a dream...'

In a few more minutes, you were as good as new. You stood up and brushed yourself off. Wilson was just staring into space. You could tell he was in awe of what had just happened. You poked him to get his attention.

"We should probably get back to camp before that happens again."

He came back to earth....finally.

"Y-yea. You're right."

The walk back was mostly silent. Well, despite the crickets and birds.

"I think you should take me with you if you decide to take a stroll from now on."

You gave Wilson a weird look. Your not a child.

"I just don't to lose you."

Um...what. You stopped walking and just stared. You felt your cheeks heat up. Wilson stuttered a bit before speaking normally again.

"I-i mean I don't want you hurting yourself."

..that was....something, eh?