A New Start (JulQuen)

The face of a man was seen deeply absorbed with his thoughts. His chin rested on his hand as his elbow was placed on the table, he had his eyes closed his he tried to gather more ideas on the certain problem that he’s currently facing.

Alex R. Weller was written on the name plate along with his position as the Chief Editor.

A knock was heard all of a sudden snapping him back to reality.

He opened his eyes to reveal his sapphire blue orbs and put his gaze on the door.

“Mr. Weller I was told to come here” a soft voice from outside.

Sighing he fixed himself up before he decided to let the person in.

“Please come in Montes”

There was a few seconds of silence once again before he heard the knob turn then followed by the sound of the creaky door as the person outside opened it. The face a maiden revealed herself she had long black hair that reaches her mid back, her face was calm but her blue orbs convey something different, it showed fear and worry as she rested her gaze on him.

“Please sit down I only need to talk to you about something.”

Nodding, she complied and sat on the empty seat. She looked at him intently waiting for what he is about to say.

“Julia” he started off by calling her in her first name. “I know you have been working hard in the news room but you’ve been here a year and 3 months yet I don’t see any progress on any of your work.”

The young lass waited for the man to continue.

“I know it would hurt to hear this from me but you gotta hear it.” He eyed her sharply.

“If I don’t get a scoop this week from you, I’ll resort to firing you.”

The girl kept silent as she tried to digest those words in her mind.

“Is that all then, sir?” She asked as if she didn’t cared a bit.

“What do you mean ‘That’s all’ I’m serious, Julia! If I don’t get a scoop till Saturday you’re-”

“I didn’t say I don’t believe you. All I’m asking is if that was the only thing you’re gonna say to me.”

The man nodded at the girl in front of him.

“Well then I must be going.” She said before standing up and heading towards the door.

Once the girl was gone the young lad groaned on his seat. He gets all worked up on this new recruit. She’s filled with confidence yet she didn’t spoke much that sometimes it crushes his ego.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As soon as Julia left the room she went back to her work place. Her face showed irritation and disgust as she went to her own office. A loud sigh was heard as she plumped down on her seat.

“So I’m guessing it didn’t go well?” a deep voice was heard cutting her off from her thoughts.

Looking up he was greeted by one of her co-workers. Chun Ji Hoo. He was half Taiwanese and half Korean. His face was purely Asian, the kind which teen girls fancied now a days.

“No Ji, that’s why my face is like this-” she rolled her eyes as she continued “because we had tea and watched a comedy movie.” The young lass answered with her usual sarcasm.

A chuckle was heard from another individual whom was located from the left side of her tiny work place. This is Vaness Yang half Chinese and half Taiwanese he and Ji Hoo had been friends since they were kids.