The Break Up

Hope you a enjoy. Please leave comments and votes for me(: .

Louis jolts up from the chair quick and rushes over to her, cupping the sides of her face, being conscientious to not hurt her. "What happened?"

The question brings on a new wave of tears, and she simply lets them fall. Lets them run down her face, and Louis carefully starts to wipe them away. "It was - It was just a scare," she mutters out, voice thick and wet. Louis' heart sink some more, especially when an ugly sob belts out from her. She has to take a moment to let herself cry, leaning forward in his hold and burying her nose into his neck.

"Gems?" he says slowly, trying to remain calm, but he's freaking out. His heart is racing right now, ready to beat out his chest. This reaction alone is worrisome. "What happened? Talk to me."

She nods her head slowly, pulling back just a bit to wipe under her eyes. "His heart," she manages to get out, hiccuping. "It stopped. He coded."

The news is an utter shock, and Louis feels his own heart stopping short in his chest. Harry died. He died right here in the hospital, and the thought alone has his legs turning in to jello. Almost ready to give out. The air around him thickens, and all the noise around buzzes out. Somehow, he ends up on the floor. Whether from falling or fainting, but he just sits there. Lets it settle deep within him that Harry's heart really gave out. That he really died. Even if for a short moment, but it did. He can't move. He can't breathe. He can't even feel anything. Not aware that he's standing and Zayn had helped him up.

"Louis, Louis," people start to say around him. It still feels like a faint noise. Words that won't register in his head. He looks down at the ground, at the blurry legs in front of him. He tries to breathe, but it gets caught in his throat. He's only brought back to reality when someone gently slaps his face. Most likely Zayn who's all but holding him up. His eyes make contact with Gemma, finally registers her there in front of him.

"Hey, look at me," she says gently, stepping back into his space and now cupping the sides of his face. She tries to get him to focus, waits until his eyes land directly on hers. "He's okay though. They got it - they got his heart working again. It was a scare." Louis blinks owlishly. "He had respiratory distress. They put the vent back on. Just temporary."

The tears return once more. "Wha - wha - " the words get caught, and he begins shaking his head, not being able to accept what he just heard. "His heart stopped?"

Gemma nods, holding his face tightly, leaning forwards so their foreheads can touch. "It's working now. He's okay."

"Why did - why was he off the vent?" He questions frantically, shaking his head again, stepping away from her. His legs must be working now. "Why did they?" Zayn tightens his arms around his body, simply hugging him from behind.

"He was able to breathe on his own," she explains softly, sighing heavily. "And then he struggled to continue. Wasn't getting enough oxygen. The pressure in his brain shot up, but they were able to stabilize everything."

Louis wipes his eyes hastily with the back of his hands before running them down the sides of his face. "Please just, can I see him?" he begs tiredly, feeling like a broken record at this point.

Gemma doesn't even hesitate. She grabs his hand and leads him back towards the room, ignoring any type of visitor protocol the hospital may have. None of it matters at this point.

.•.•.•.•.