1.0 the dress

Hey, Guys!! Guess who it is, little old me, who cannot keep her promises about updating this book. I'll be honest I've had a lot going on!But, what matters in that I'm here now, and finally going to write some requests from May! This was requested by @earthgirl75

    The tight-knit group of friends walked onto the train and took the last three seats. Lucas, Farkle and Riley all sat while Maya stood in front of them holding onto the hard but pliable plastic loops that hung on the ceiling for support. Unfortunately as most people who have ridden on subways or public buses though loops are the recipe for disaster. As the train screeched to a halt at the next station, Maya's balance was thrown off, and she started to fly forwards up the train but before she could fall a strong hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her back to her previous spot. Now that she was standing still again, she stood her eyes meeting the green ones of her helper. They kept their eyes locked for what seemed to be an eternity but in reality was a mere couple of seconds. Lucas finally broke the silence,

"Here Maya, take my seat. I don't want to have you almost fall again." He said still looking at her as he stood up.

Maya nodded in thanks, not exactly knowing what to say. She was still slightly in shock about the feeling that jolted through her body when Lucas' hands caught her. Once she sat down and had adjusted to a comfortable position, she mumbled a 'Thank you' to him, feel uneasy.

She turned her head to the pair who were no sitting next to her. Farkle and Riley were immersed in a conversation and seemed to have no idea about the awkward moment that had just subsided. Maya who was desperate to have someone speak to her broke into the ongoing conversation.

"Whatcha talking about Riles?" She singsonged to the cheery girl beside her.

Riley looked up at her with such a giddy smile before she opened her mouth to start talking. "Oh nothing much, just how excited I am! And when I say excited you must know how excited! I've never ever been to Syracuse before, let alone the biggest mall in all of new york! I mean I might be wrong and it might not be the biggest, but oh boy it is big!"

Maya let out a small chuckle while she listened to her friend talk so happily about their day trip. The group had planned a few weeks back that they would take the train into Syracuse and go to the mall since none of them had ever been. Of, course it was hardest to get Riley's parents on board with the whole idea but once they laid down some rules it was finally a green light to go.

Riley continued on with her monologue that went uninterrupted just like her happiness. "Oh peaches, aren't you excited? I can't wait to get some new clothes to add to my closet. Maybe I can find a shirt to impress that boy I told you I liked so much? I mean yes demolition has great clothes, but I want some from Forever 21 or the Canadian store? You know the one I mean? oh. what was it called? Garage, that's it! I've heard they have such nice clothes. Maya, maybe you can get something to impress that boy you like too! Who you won't tell me who it is, I really wish you would!"

Maya really wished Riley wouldn't have said that last part. She clenched her eyes shut for a minute before letting out a sigh. "Yeah, can we not talk about that?"

Riley said that she wouldn't mention it again, which made her racing heart return to its regular pace, which she was glad for. Thinking she was in the clear she sat back to enjoy the rest of the train ride. But, within the next few seconds, Lucas was talking,

"Oh come on Maya, why don't you tell us who you like? Maybe we know him?" He said with a smirk.

Thankfully for Maya, she was saved by the bell, or in this case the intercom. "We are now arriving at the William F. Walsh Regional Transportation Center, please exit using the doors on your left. Thank you for riding with us." was the message that the conductor spoke through the patchy speakers on the ceiling of the bus.