Chapter Two

Oh shit. Its Ludwig. He had to hurry and get him out, or he's going to get stuck wherever he's thrown.
Everything seemed to slow down as he came to the conclusion. He turned, facing his brother. He stood in the doorway, confused.
Gilbert stared at him intently.
"Goodbye, Ludwig."
"Gil, wh-"
Everything went black and when Gilbert opened his eyes again, he was staring up at a man. He couldn't hear anything and he was dizzy. The man just scowled and was shaking him, Gilbert was unable to respond.
"Sir!"
He was drawn from his thoughts once again, staring at a short, round woman and the man again. It appeared he was sitting in a chair, slumped down. He blinked hard and tried to process what happened. They frowned and glanced at each other before turning to him again.
"Sir, are you-"
"What year is it?" He asked quickly, cutting them off.
"2016? Why?" The woman responded to him with a puzzled look, narrowing her eyes at him.
"I-it... it worked." Gilbert whispered. "M-my life's work... It actually worked!"
The man in front of him rubbed his temples with a frustrated sigh. "What worked? Are you homeless? I don't need to be wasting my time."
"Oh please. Like, you've had a busy day," The woman scoffed as she rolled her eyes, fixing her thick glasses with a chain around her neck.
Gilbert stood, the two stepping back. He looked around, seeing a flat television hoisted up on the wall and these two people were discussing something with ridiculous points that had nothing to do with the actual topic they should've been discussing. He frowned and looked down at the two. "Who are you?"
"Who are you? You just showed up on the floor of our waiting room, unconscious!" The man huffed and sniffed. "Are you drunk?"
Gilbert shook his head, staring at the frustrated man with bewilderment. "I... I'm Gilbert and I'm not from here. I don't even know where I am and I don't even have any money."
The woman sighed heavily after exchanging glances with the man again. "I can't take him in, Lovino. You know I'm leaving for Spain to visit family tonight."
The man, Lovino, looked down for a while before looking up at Gilbert again. "How do we make sure he's not a total wacko?"
Gilbert looked at the lady and then back at Lovino. "I... If you let me stay with you, you could help me. I can explain later but its not something I could quite tell everyone." He glanced over at the lady before smiling at Lovino.
Lovinos' interest changed massively when he heard the fact that he was going to be told something no one else could no about. His gut screamed to take the mysterious man named Gilbert in but in his mind, he kept trying to say he's just too childish and that he's just a complete wackjob. He sighed and gave into his gut.
"Fine. Stella, go home early. We'll lock up."
Stella grinned and ran behind the counter by the exit, grabbing her coat and purse, leaving hurriedly.
Lovino tapped his foot quietly, staring at Gilbert. Gilbert stared right back, making Lovino uncomfortable and looked away.
"Just sit back down and wait. I have to do a few things, then we can leave." Lovino turned on his heel and went through a door to the back area of the office.
Gilbert sat back down, zoning out completely. He was just amazed by the fact that it worked. But since Ludwig walked in last minute. He sighed heavily and sat there for a few more minutes before the door opened, Lovino walking out with a coat in one arm and a lunch box in the other. "Let's go.
Gilbert grinned at him and stood. When they got out to the parking lot, Gilbert was completely shocked. "This... this is what cars look like now?"
"Uh... Yeah?" Lovino responded with after approaching a sleek black car. He unlocked it with just a touch of a button and opened a door, gesturing Gilbert to get in. Gilbert walked over and climbed in, sitting comfortably in the leather seats. Lovino shut the door and walked around the car, getting in on the drivers side. He turned on the car and pulled on his seatbelt. Gilbert stared at him and frowned. Lovino looked up at him and frowned.
"Do you not know how to belt yourself in?" He asked after reaching over him, grabbing his seatbelt with a sigh and shook his head slightly. When the seatbelt clicked, he began to pull out of the parking space and drove away from the small building.