Eros' Vengeance

Somewhere in a secluded cave away from all prying eyes, deity and creatures alike, the great goddess of earth quietly shook with sobs. Her long, earth-colored locks of hair and delicate hands veiled her sad expression from the world.

Suddenly a startling deep voice spoke from the darkness behind her, "You are such a nuisance. I can hear your pathetic blubbering all the way down to my realm."

A god clothed in red fire and chains stepped from the shadows. His muscular body seemed to be composed of black rocks with veins of lava running through the cracks. Dangerous and deadly were the first words one would describe his atmosphere. His handsome face wore the signature arrogant and ruthless smirk that fit him so well.

"Tartarus... you're here," the goddess replied, wiping the river of tears from her fair cheeks. "What do you want? You know you can't be here."

Tartarus shrugged as he approached the beautiful goddess. "There's no rule that says I cannot be in the Upperworld. Besides, you sought refuge in a cave of all places. Any cave is a stone's throw away from my realm."

"I needed a place to hide. That did not mean that I was inviting your company," she said coldly. She stood up and shot glares at her older brother.

"If you're upset with someone, you should do something about it instead of crying here uselessly," he stated casually. "It's easy enough to see that you're upset with your husband."

She blinked. "You are very wrong."

"I know you, Gaia," Tartarus scoffed. "No one can ever hurt you unless you care deeply for them. It's unfortunate that you're just not smart enough to entrust your heart to someone who would handle it with care. Even so, it's pathetic that a goddess like you would become reduced to hiding and crying."

"Mind your own business," she said in a dismissive tone as moved to walk away from the cave that was no longer a sanctuary.

He laughed softly. "It's funny. When you created Uranus, you had such lofty dreams of happiness. Yet here you are, falling apart because of him. You must regret him."

She felt a twinge in her heart at his words. "Do not make assumptions brother!" She spat. "I am not falling apart nor do I regret Uranus. He is my beautiful creation, my pride, and my joy. I do not regret having him so keep your poison to yourself!"

He frowned. "Then explain those tears. Do you honestly mean to tell me that you don't mind crying here all alone? You may not regret him but you feel unhappiness with him. If it's not Uranus then it is something he has done. What is it?"

Gaia stood her ground and crossed her arms. "Why do you want to know?"

"Color me curious," he said with a short shrug. "Besides, ruthlessness suits you better than tears."

She straightened almost immediately, flattered by his words even though it wasn't meant to be a compliment. "Your concern is almost touching. I just might cry again," she sneered, remembering herself.

Tartarus laughed sarcastically. "You make it sound like I care."

Gaia went quiet. Sensing her hesitation, Tartarus boldly stepped forward and forced the goddess back against the cave wall. He raised his arms on either side of her and effectively caged her.

"He must have done something exquisitely grave given how sorrowful you are," he purred seductively, tracing one side of her face with his fingertips gently. She froze upon contact, her eyes widening in surprise. "Come, little sister, tell me of his sin against you."