Chapter 1

- Charlie's pov -

The empty plastic container sat in front of me. This was a scene I had seen many of times. Too many times.

The microwaveable food settled in my stomach. But it was not enough. It never was. I couldn't afford good nutritious food to eat. So, my meals were shoved into a microwave and heated until they tasted somewhat good.

My thin body basically screamed for something good to eat instead of the repulsive microwaveable meals. But my pocket was filled with nothing.

I pushed away from the table, hearing the familiar screech of the chair on my hard wood floor. I threw away the empty container and walked to my room.

Taking my work uniform out of my closet and putting the basic outfit on, I thought about my life.

It wasn't always this bad.. I use to be engaged. I use to live in this beautiful house full of family photos. We had big plans together. But then..

Stop Charlie.

I quickly grabbed my purse and keys then left for work.

My car rattled down the street, the radio turned up loud to try and drown out the sound.

Soon, I was parked in the lot of our local Kroger. It wasn't the best job, but it gave me enough money to pay some bills and get some food in me.

I punched in and greeted some of my co-workers. I walked over to the produce section and began stocking the shelves.

"Excuse me? Can you show me where I could find the pickles?" A small old lady asked in a gentle voice.

I smiled at her, "Yes, right this way." She followed close behind me, walking quietly. My shoes made a pitter patter rhythm on the hard floor. Once we got to the correct isle, I stopped in front of the pickles. "Here you are, Ma'am."

She thanked me and grabbed the ones she wanted. "You know, things won't always be like this."I stared at her confused. "I can see it in your eyes. They're a beautiful color, but they show how much you're hurting. You're a beautiful girl, you're just stuck in the darkness. Soon, you'll find your light and everything will be fine." Before i could reply she walked away.

I stood in place for a few minutes. Was it that easy to see I'm hurting?

Shaking my head I walked to the break room. Luckily, no one was in the room. I sat down at the table. My head was cradled in my hands. Looking around the bland room something aught my eye. Getting up, I walked over to the bulletin board that was hanging on the wall.

Lots of different papers were pinned to it. Each containing different information. This plain white paper said in bold letters, FULL TIME NANNY WANTED. I read on, interested in what it had to say.

FULL TIME NANNY WANTED

In need of a nanny to watch a three year old.

Call; 1-678-7892 if interested

There was little information, but it still caught my eye. If I have two jobs then maybe it could help put my life back together. I wrote down the number on a scrap piece of paper. I'll try it out.

My keys jingled as I opened the front door. It was dark and lonely inside.

I closed and locked the front door and hung up my jacket. Setting my keys on the kitchen table I felt the piece of paper in my pocket.

It's worth a shot.

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed the number. After a few rings someone picked up.

"Hello?" A rough male voice said into the phone.

Biting my lip I suddenly felt nervous. "Um..Hello. I'm calling on behalf of the nanny job?" I stuttered.

It was quiet on the other end for a minute. "Oh right, um, yeah I'm having an interview for those who want the job at my house. The street is Hancock, house number 332. Be there by two o'clock this Wednesday." He said. I never did get his name.

"Alright. See you then.." After he said his goodbye I hung up the phone. I quickly wrote down the information. Maybe I'll actually get the job.

-----------------------------------------------------

First chapter! Not that exciting but not all first chapters all. Hope you guys like it! Song on the side is just a random one by Mayday Parade becuase they honestly have no bad songs.

Please vote/comment/follow

- A