Chapter 1

So basically, this is just a small chappy to begin :) We're quite proud of it, even if we say so ourselves, but it's nothing compared to what is to come. This story is going to have many unforeseeable events and things in it, so we hope you'll enjoy the suspence and horror and creepiness as much as we did. Oh, but don't worry, that won't happen anytime soon ;)

  Okay, blue shirt, black pants, cool shoes. That’s the only thing needed. He looked into the tad too rusty mirror hanging in his bedroom, debating with himself about whether he should leave his hair like it was or cover it with a beanie as he thought of the cold weather outside.

  The mirror was probably Liam’s most priced possession. Before his grandfather had turned mad, talking too much about the beautiful fairy that always stopped by at his window to deliver him gems, he had been one of the wisest man in town. But even though he had been wiser than a lot and filled with his own intelligence, people had never been able to take him seriously as soon as he started talking about things that didn’t quite belong in the human world. It scared them beyond believes when they heard his stories and theories about the creatures inside the woods. As it should. The vile creatures he described were something people didn’t like, but still; they were not stupid. They took precautions. There was a slight possibility that the old mad man was right, and they didn’t want to take any stupid chances. Especially not when the whole Payne family line had been known for utter intelligence and believe in the creatures in the woods.

  The young Liam knew that his grandfather was a wise man. He knew that the answer to every question he could ever think of was buried deep inside the wonder that was Samuel’s brain. And that’s why he had a slight fascination with the old mirror.

  Samuel Payne was the ex owner of the old mirror. And his grandfather before that. It had been a thing of the Payne’s family tree. Grandfather would pass it to grandson, and when the grandson would get old he would pass it to his grandson. And the thing about that mirror was, that every single grandson that owned it had always had this fascination with it. Both the way it looked, it’s history, and something Liam didn’t quite know yet.

  Even though this mirror was an old family token, Liam’s mother absolutely despised it. She said it was rusty and dirty, and she didn’t want it hanging in her son’s room. Not that it would get her anywhere. There was no way in a million years Liam was going to let her throw that mirror away. Neither his grandfather, for that matter. There was just something so charming about it.

  Without thinking much about it Liam brought his hand up, running it along the side of the mirror which had all those wonderful patterns and symbols he’d never been able to figure out what meant.

  “That god damn mirror again, Liam?” he heard a distant voice ask, irritation very audible in the tone. His head snapped to the side to meet his mother’s judging gaze, and he smiled sheepishly, bringing his hand down again. “I don’t get why you like it so much. If I had a say in it this mirror would have gone from this house a long time ago.”

  “I know mom, I know.” he told her, rolling his eyes exaggeratingly thinking back to all those times she had told him that exact line. “You don’t have to remind me every day. Especially when you know that your mirror gossiping isn’t going to get you anywhere.”

  “My mirror gossiping?” she repeated after him, crooking an eyebrow. “I could tell you a couple of thing about gossiping son, and one of those is that you’re getting it wrong.”

  “That was a joke. You were supposed to laugh. Moms are meant to laugh when their sons say something funny.” Liam stated with a frown, looking at her and shaking his head.