Why Him? - Chapter 2

Why Him? – Chapter 2 (Rewritten)

The buzzing and ringing of my phone got me up. I was used to its boisterous noise, but today felt like something else. My eyebrows we're put to a firm wrinkle with my lips slightly pouting, oh boy I'm definitely not liking this day.

I rub my eyes to at least sooth out my hard face. I honestly needed a splash of some cold water to feel better and refreshed.

I look around the room and noticed that I wasn't settled at the living room couch. I was in a normal sized yellow bedroom. It looked simple yet elegant, something that happen to really like.

The attire that I wore yesterday was gone. I was dressed with my silk pajamas.

I felt my cheeks burn up. "Ma," I slightly whined like a child as if she could hear me.

I'm very sure that she's the one who dressed me up last night while I was asleep. She usually does it to me when we were together at north. Whenever we came home late, and I was being a lazy person to dress myself up, she would gladly do it without my consent.

Rubbing my face, I try to ignore the fact that she undressed and dressed me once more. The fact that she will still do it to me even if I reach this age quite frightens me.

Once I cooled down I move the comforters away and exit my room. I follow my brother's scent which leads me down the stairs to our living room. As I slowly make it down there's a welcome banner taped to the wall with balloons all over the place. Trent was holding a cake while Ma and Pa stood there beside him with smiles.

"Welcome home!" They yell.

I run towards Ma and Pa and give them a big hug. "I miss you guys!" I exclaimed with a delighted tone. I let them go for a while and pull Trent to our family hug.

"We missed you too." Pa says.

Trent smirks, "I missed your ugly face."

I pretend to scoff at his words, "Well I missed your stench skank." I joke.

"Says the one who picks up horse shit from the hays," Trent teases.

I nudge him slightly, "Hey at least I'm manly enough to pick up a horse's poop!" I interject.

Trent laughs, "All right little birdie. Now since you're home this is your welcome cake, made by the sexiest person you've ever known on this planet!"

"Is it Nick Bateman?!" I squeal in excitement.

Trent scoffs, "Of course not. I'm the sexiest man whom has ever stepped on this planet." He tries to brag.

"Quit it with your jokes son, your sister might explode with laughter." Pa says in a scolding tone. I laugh at his comment. "Come on baby girl, we've got some eating to do." Pa takes my arm and guides me to the kitchen.

Pa takes out my chair for me to sit on. "Choose whatever food you want to eat baby girl. I know that you're hungry."

"Don't mind your father for being extra nice. We have this bet going on right now." Ma explains with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I chuckle, "I knew that of course."

Ma winks. "You know who is better."

I nod. I take the bowl of mac and cheese and put it on my plate. I instantly remember Samantha. I hope Nana makes my recipe of mac and cheese. Everyone knows what Samantha will do if it's not my recipe, that girl definitely knows what she wants.