Chapter 6- Liam- Chub Chub

Liam sighed when his alarm clock went off that morning. He rolled over to shut it off and flopped back onto his back with his arms over his eyes. He really didn't want to get up, but he was still stressed from last night and knew a good work out would help get his mind off things.

Liam sighed again and got out of bed, changing into his work out clothes. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get that image of Niall out of his head. He'd seen it coming, too. He saw the light from the fire in the back of Zayn's throat as he laughed. He saw the fire ball rocket from his mouth. He could have saved his friend. But he didn't. He was worried about Harry getting hit at first. After all, Harry was the one in the way of Niall.

He'd felt it, too. He felt Niall's pain. Not to the same extent that Niall felt, but he knew. The muscles between his shoulder's ached at the thought. At first, Niall had been confused, then Liam felt his shock and finally, his fear. God, he hated fear. That was always the worst to feel from someone else. All he ever wanted to do was reach out and hold those kinds of people. He passed them on the street everyday. He felt their joy, their sadness, their anger, their fear. As cheesy as it sounded, all he ever wanted now was to have the rest of the world feel joy.

That's when Louis started calling him Daddy Direction. Liam was always so concerned with how the other boys felt, he couldn't help but just try and make them happy all the time. That and the fact that he did have an authority over the rest of them made him like the “father figure” in their life. He didn't mind it. He liked taking care of the boys.

Liam finished changing and went to the elevator. He started his descent to the main floor, trying, in vain, to get the thought of Niall, burnt and bleeding, out of his head.

The elevator dinged and opened up to the lobby. Behind the desk was Louis' girlfriend on the phone. “Ok,” She said into the receiver. “I have your meeting booked for next week, Tuesday, at four thirty. Mr. Cowell is looking forward to seeing you... Thank you, sir. Have a nice day,” She hung up the phone and Liam let her mark down the meeting before saying anything. She looked up at him when she was done and gave him her sweet smile. “Hello, Liam,” She said.

“Hello, Eleanor.” Liam greeted. “Louis isn't up yet?”

Eleanor shook her head, her smile pulling down at the corners a bit. “No, he stayed up all night with Niall.”

“Oh, right,” Liam said, remembering being shooed away by nervous Louis after placing Niall in bed the night before.

“Do you know how he's doing?” El asked.

“I have no idea,” Liam could feel her concern as he said it. “But since it's Louis, I'm sure he's fine now,”

Eleanor nodded. “So are you off to the gym?” She asked, taking in his apparel.

“Yeah,” Liam said.

Eleanor fished under the desk and pulled out the key. “Here you go,” She said, giving him that smile as she placed the key in his hand. “Have fun,”

“Thanks,” Liam said, turning back around and heading for the elevator.

Liam placed his thumb over floor -3 and let it scan his finger print. “Welcome- Liam Payne,” Said the robotic voice over the speakers before the elevator descended into the otherwise non existent floor.

After a moment, the doors opened to the lage, spacious floor of the training room he had been in last night and headed for the boxing equipment.

Simon had to special order all of Liam's things because of his super strength. The boy could easily knock a hole through any normal punching bag without breaking a sweat.