Tempted:35:

*Bella*

5:38 PM

"I'm really sorry...we'll plan something else...Bella I feel so bad."

"Don't Justin." I weakly smiled, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "I completely understand. It's ok."

"I'll make it up to you. I promise. Dad just has the kids and I don't want to leave her by herself when she's this s-"

"Justin, it's ok. We have time. I understand."

"Thank you. You're the best. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright."

When I hung up the phone I let it fall on my bed, hanging up the dress that I had pulled down from my closet and sat my shoes back inside.

I now left in a week. That was how much time I had left here...he told me he had a surprise for dinner, and I was actually really excited, but Ms. Pattie was really sick.

I would never ask him to go on a date with me over taking care of her...

I sighed to myself, leaving my room and went out to the living room where Josh was sitting with his phone in hand, watching some tv show I didn't recognize.

"Aren't you going out?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"No. Justin's mom's really sick, so we're just going to try and go out another night."

"Another night? But..."

"I know." I curled up in a chair at the corner, shrugging my shoulders. "It might just be a while."

"I'm sorry Izzy."

"It's ok."

"Do you want to do something?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it...but I'm not really in the mood to do anything."

"Alright...are you all packed up?"

"Unfortunately." I nodded my head slowly, looking down at my nails and felt my stomach twist in sorrow, my eyes flickering out to the window.

"How about we get pizza and watch a movie?"

"Ok." I nodded my head, weakly smiling at him before he got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

Maybe I should have offered to go over and help...but I know Justin wanted time with her too. I didn't want to intrude, but I know he's stressed out and upset, she's upset. His whole family is upset and he's still barely talked about it with me.

She said she had such a good chance at beating this thing...but now as we're all watching this go on, I'm just not sure.

_________________________

*Justin*

9:19 PM

"Mom, it's ok." I coaxed, holding her to my chest.

"I feel awful. You should not have to take care of me instead of Bella -a-and-"

"Mom, please..." I whispered, closing my eyes to the sound of her crying as I held her. "It's ok. Bella understands. I can take her out another night. It's not a big deal."

"She's leaving soon. It is a big deal. You're not going to be seeing her much."

"We're going to work around it. It's ok."

"I'm so scared Justin." She hiccuped, turning her face into my chest.

"I know Mom. So am I."

"I want to see your wedding day and meet my grand kids...Jaxon and Jazzy's..."

"You will Mom." I swallowed hard, fighting the urge in my head to cry with her.

I couldn't. Not now.

"We don't know that. I was so sure at first, but not anymore."

"Don't lose hope Mom. If I can't, you can't either."

She only nodded, and soon she fell asleep, where I slowly tried to scoot out of her grip and pulled the blankets up over her shoulders.

The medicine always made her tired like that.

And I was so worried...worried about losing her and never being able to make up all that time, of not having her around when I needed advice about what to do for Bella...she helped me.

I needed her.

I found myself dialing Hunter's number, because he was one of those people I felt like I could talk to for these things."Hey Justin, what's up?"

"Nothing really. My mom just fell asleep. She's really sick man..."

"Better or worse?"

"Worse,"

"I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

"No, not really. It's just a time thing I guess...I was supposed to go out with Bella tonight too, but I canceled. I feel really bad."

"Justin, you know she probably understands more than anyone but your family."

"But she leaves on Sunday. I don't have a lot of time left with her either."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm not going to see her. We both know I'm not going to be up there every weekend, and she's going to meet all these new people. I've thought about just letting her go before hand..."

"You can't do that. You'd regret it and she'd be miserable. You guys are hardly away from each other."

"Which is why this is going to be so hard."

"But you can do it. You both can."

I paused for a minute, looking down at my shoes.

"What are you doing right now?" I asked, peeking my head back in Mom's room to see if she was still asleep.

"I was actually getting ready to head to a party...why?"

"Can I come? Mom's asleep and I just need to get out of here."

"But Justin, Bella-"

"She won't know. I'm just going to get out."

"I just don't think it's a-"

"Oh well. I don't really care. If you don't get me we both know I'll find out where it is and I'll drive myself anyway. I just need something to take my mind off of all this shit."