Chapter two

A/N hi. Sorry for ditching you guys but... Well it's complicated. I won't bore you. And thanks so much for 1k reads on one chapter?!?! That's ridiculous! That means that there's actually over one thousand people reading this! That's amazing! I love you all and sorry that this chapters a bit short but they'll get longer xx

Marinette POV

1 day, twenty three hours, fifty nine minutes and fifty eight seconds. 1 day, twenty three hours, fifty nine minutes and fifty nine seconds. Oh god. One more second until it's a day before I meet my soulmate. Then I feel a slight vibration on my wrist as the words change to twenty four hours. It's currently 7:30 am, a day before school. The fact I'll meet half an hour after school starts means at least one of us will be late. (A/N sorry I don't know how schools in France work I'm just guessing)

I wake up the next morning. I glance at the clock, and realise I have five minutes until I'm meant to be at school. I yelp, jumping out of bed. Damn! Thirty five minutes. Oh my god.

Five minutes. I'm running through the corridor. Just my luck, my first class is on the other side of school.

Five seconds. I stand outside the classroom. I'm about to meet my soulmate.

One second. I push open the door.

Oh my gods. That's Adrien Agreste. He's sitting right there, staring at his wrist. He looks up at me and catches my eye. He holds up his arm.

Zero.

I hold up mine.

Zero.

I don't believe it. My soulmate is Adrien Agreste.

Adrien's POV

I sit in class on the first day of school. The teacher stands at the front, droning on about who knows what, but I'm not listening.

When I got to school, I realised that whoever my soulmate is would be half an hour late. I wasn't paying attention to the girls fawning over me, I just went into the class room and took a seat.

Now I'm staring at the words that say Five seconds. Oh god. She's about to walk through that door.

When the door does open after what feels like an eternity, and girl enters. She has short dark hair that hangs around her shoulders (she must've been in too much of a rush to tie it up). Her eyes are the colour of bluebells, and her skin is pale. In all short, she's beautiful.

I hold up my arm. She gasps slightly, raising hers. Zero, it reads. I must be the luckiest boy in France. This amazing girl is my soulmate.