Ch. 12 "Lunar Eclipse"

A/N: Sadly, Lei is not in this story, but her daughter is! Set before X-Men: Apocalypse.
P.S. There is a picture and two videos for this chapter!

The young girl walked down the hallway of the old mansion. Young men and women walked among her. They all looked different, with different hair colors, skin colors, heights, shapes, but one thing was the same. They were mutants, every single one of them, and the young girl found comfort in that.

She smiled and ran around the corner, her long brown hair flowing in odd angles around her. "Hey Lunar!" a few of her friends shouted, using her X-men name and smiling as they watched the girl make her way through the crowd of students. She was always going somewhere, always running.

Lunar finally reached her destination, forgetting to knock on the door and tumbling inside. But she stopped when she saw that the professor was talking to someone.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I-" she started, glancing at the man who had his back to her. He had a tall, slender frame, and his arms hung limply by his side, but his shoulders were tense and rigid.

The professor waved his hand, indicating that it was no big deal. "Please, Yue. Come in."

The man talking to the professor turned around, his jaw going slack when he saw Lei's necklace shimmer against Yue's neck.

The young girl furrowed her eyebrows and gave an awkward smile to the stranger.

"Yue? After the moon?" The man asked before a deep chuckle tumbled out of his lips. "How fitting." The corners of his eyes crinkled in his smile, showing signs that the man was beginning to age. But besides that, and the slight tint of gray appearing in the sides of his ginger hair, he seemed untouched by the caress of old age.

Yue's smile faded. "I've heard about you," she said, pressing a finger to her lips before pointing it at the man. "You're Magneto!" Despite knowing that the man had a questionable past, her face lit up with excitement at seeing a man who had such a large influence on the mutant community.

His chuckle was deep and throaty as his mouth curved into a smile. "When I first met your mother, I was just Erik."

Yue's eyes went round. "You knew my mom?" She said excitedly.

Erik nodded before being interrupted by the professor.

"Did you need something?" He asked.

Yue turned reluctantly from gazing at Erik. "Oh, yes! I just wanted to thank you for helping me with that Astrophysics test," she said, pulling out a stack of papers from her books and showing it to the bald man. "I got an 'A!'" She exclaimed.

The professor smiled. "That's great, Yue. I knew you could do it. You just needed to apply yourself." The girl nodded, gazing between the two adults before turning and walking back into the hallway.

She leaned against the closed door and sighed, running her trembling hands over her face and through her brown hair. The dark, stormy, blue eyes. The strong jaw. She'd never seen them before, yet they were so familiar.

How? Because they mirrored her own. Before her mother died, she never spoke to Yue about her father, only admitting that he was a bender. Yue just never thought that it would be this bender.

"Are you okay?" Jean asked, approaching her friend. She could sense conflict rolling off of her in waves. She could sense so much trouble inside the girl's mind that it almost gave her a headache.

Yue nodded, staring blankly out into the hallway before her stormy eyes focused and looked back at her friend. "I think I just met my father."

A/N: Duhn duhn duhn!!!! Please enjoy this humble cliff hanger. Please comment to let me know what you think.