Chapter 9

"Well you've certainly grown a bit," Harry said with a small smile as he looked at Louis' protruding stomach.

"Yes I have, what can I start you off with this afternoon?" Louis asked what he was trained to.

"How are you, Louis?"

"Do you need a few more minutes?" Louis asked.

"Umm, no, I'll have a Sprite," Harry said giving up momentarily.

"Alright, would you like to order or do you need a few more minutes?"

"I'll need a few minutes, thanks," Harry said, watching as Louis nodded and walked away from the table.

"Can you take over that table, please?" Louis asked Vanessa, suddenly feeling nauseous.

"Yeah, sure, is everything okay? You look really pale. Do you want me to call someone? I can cover your shift if you need me to," Vanessa said quickly, making sure that Louis knew if he needed to leave that she could easily take over his job.

"No, I'll be okay, I just feel really nauseous. I'm going to sit down and text Tyler and see if he can bring me something to help my nausea. Thank you for offering though, I appreciate it," Louis gave her a small smile, trying to calm himself down by running his stomach.

|-/

"Lou, are you okay? Truly?" Tyler asked him gently as he watched Louis shift in the bed.

"Yeah, just a bit of pain, but I'm okay."

"Are you going to take the day off today or are you going to go in?"

"I'm going to wait and see how I feel at a quarter til one. If I'm still feeling bad, I won't go to work," Louis promised.

He knew Tyler was worried about him working, even though there was nothing wrong with him working. He was five months, almost six, and there was no way he was going to spend at least three months doing absolutely nothing.

"Call me if you need anything, alright? I'll always answer you, you know that. And if, for some reason, I don't, call my someone else at the building and they'll get you to me," Tyler said as he tucked Louis under the covers and kissed his head, staying in his kneeling position by the bed in case Louis wanted to say something to him.

"Alright, thank you Daddy, have a good day at work," Louis said gently.

Ever since he was halfway through the third month, his voice became just the slightest bit softer. There wasn't a logical answer, he didn't think, as to why his voice has become softer, but it had and that was that. Louis quite liked it - not that he didn't like when his voice was its normal sharp squeaks or anything like that, he just liked this a bit better. It was prettier and more delicate and more feminine and he liked it more.

"Alright kitten, I'm off to work. I'll see you this afternoon when you get off work. Text me if you want me to bring you something for lunch or if you want something specific for dinner," Tyler said, pecking Louis' forehead once more before walking out of the room.

|-/

"I met your.... Whatever he is," Harry said that evening when Louis walked to the booth, not knowing who was there before he'd reached the table in his section.

"He's my boyfriend and how do you know he's my boyfriend and why did you meet him? Harry, are you stalking me or some creepy thing like that?"

"I'm not stalking you. I'm buying a new house because I'm tired of the one I'm renting and he happened to be the real estate agent. He's got pictures of you and sonograms on his desk. I put two and two together," Harry said smoothly.