Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning after getting exactly no sleep, I got ready for Tyler to pick me up for school. He came up the drive not seconds after I had finished getting dressed.

"Hey Sky, how bad was it?" Tyler said hid eyes searching my body for any harm.

"Nothing," I said not meeting his eyes as I got into his old pickup truck.

"Nothing?" He said looking at me like I had two heads.

"Nothing, no bodily harm came to me" I said half surprised myself.

"How?!" Tyler said his voice sounding like it was the last thing he expected

I half hesitated for no particual reason. "Will saved me,"

"Will? But he-" Tyler cut off and stared forward, and pressed his foot on the gas, making the truck shoot forward.

"He, what Ty?" I said suddenly suspicious.

"... Nothing" Tyler said.

"Tyler Anthony Ash. If you do not tell me in the next five seconds I will shoot you" I said pushing his arm, making him swerve the truck a little bit.

"Hey now there is no need for violence," I could see him smiling, but I was glaring at him. He looked over at me.

"Tell you what, you tell me what happened last night and I'll tell you my version after, ok?" He remarked.

I sighed. "Fine,"

I explained everything to him, even the part about Jeff not being able to move.

"That's strange," Tyler said pulling into the school parking lot.

"Oh really? I thought it was normal," I said in my bitch voice.

"Does it smell slightly sarcastic in here?" He said wrinkling his nose, as if he actually smelled something.

"Yes, yes it does,"

He gave a short laugh.

"Your turn!" I said in a sing-song voice. Tyler parked the car into our usual spot and turned to me and began speaking.

"Ok.... So he and I started talking after you left, you know guy talk and he said 'hey where'd that little hottie with the totties go" I glared at him "hey, hey don't judge me, he said it, not me. Anyway I said you got sick- you know our usual excuse- and that you went home... He almost believed it but that dumbass Jeff came over already drunk and grabbed me by the shirt and said 'where the hell is she' I said I didn't know and he threw me down and left for your house. Will said 'what the hell is going on?!' so of course I had to tell him. Will took off after you, he seemed kind of pissed about the whole thing. I didn't think it would help or anything because, you know, Jeffery is a big ass dude! But I guess it did."

I stared at him blankly.

"That's strange," I said truely confused.

"I know right? I mean what interest would he have in you?"

I glared at him.

"I mean not that anyone wouldn't be interested in you right?" Tyler said wiggling his eyebrows in a sort of flirty motion.

"Nice save" I said, laughing at his facial expression.

"You have to admit, it is a little strange," Tyler said getting out of the car.

I followed him, but out of my side of the car "Yeah, kinda. He kind of seemed like a dick."

"Seems like you like him," Tyler said actually serious this time. The bell rang and I started rushing yelling behind me at him "See you after class!"

"This conversation isn't over Sky!"

I pretended not to hear him and rushed into the school building. I hastily walked through the halls, not looking anywhere in particular when I ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said bending over to pick up the few books I had dropped.

"Wow you can't help but fall all over me can you? 'S alright, all the ladies do," Will said, popping his collar.

I glared at him and stood up "Shut up Will, I don't need your bullshit, I'm going to be late" I said pushing past him down the hall.

"That's alright, I was about to invite you to dinner with me and my brother, Joey but," he shrugged, "oh well," he said as he started to walk away in the opposite direction of me. This sparked my interest.

I turned back and sprinted after him grabbing his shoulder "wait!"

"Yes?" He said looking amused

"Why? The longest conversation I've ever had with you was at the football game,"

"Well.... Ok you can't tell Joey I told you this. Swear?" he pulled me closer and went into the position someone makes when they do not want to be over heard.

I nodded. "Ok, well he has had a huge crush on you for a while and I'm trying to set him up. You think you could do that for me?" He smiled another one of his angels smiles, trying to work his charm on me.

I gave him a skeptical look but nodded anyway. Joey seemed like a nice boy, why not?

"Cool, I will pick you-"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait your driving?" I said my eyes widening.

"Yeah, why?" Will asked.

"We're doomed." I said completely serious.

"Have some faith! I drove you home last night!" Will said with mock offence.

"Yeah, and that's how I know we're doomed," I said, my joking personality poking out.

He ignored my comment and said "We'll pick you up at six tonight. Look for the black old-fashioned mustang you saw from last night." I bit my lip and asked one of the questions that had been bugging me all night.

"Ok.... Can I ask a question?"

"You just did" I rolled my eyes and treated him like I treat my younger cousins, saying everything completely specifically without any room to question or read between the lines.

"Can I ask two more questions?"

"Sure," He said with a half smile.

"Why did you follow me? You don't even know me Will. You didn't have to get involved,"

"Sort of... a weakness, to help a damsel in distress," I knew that wasn't the reason why, but did I really want to know the real reason why he followed me?

"Did you think I would melt in your arms like in the movies? Thought, I would be yours for the taking?" I said playing along.

Will had a confused look plastered on his face. "No I-"

"Relax Will, it was only a joke. I have to get to class, see you at six," I said as I strut down the hallway feeling his eyes trail after me. I reached my class after the second bell had already wrung and I got a tardy. Thanks Will, appreciate it, I thought venimously.

~~Author's note: alright! this is chapter two! oooooh! what's going to happen? Wait and find out! comment, add to your library, vote, tell your friends all that jazz just spread the word. Every time i get a new comment about it whether it good or bad my heart skips a beat so thank you!!!! Also, if you spot any grammical or spelling errors in it feel free to point it out in the comments!~~

Ps

I know this is a short chapter, don't worry they get longer