Chapter 1

Hey guys!

This is my first story here on Wattpad, well actually it's my first story I'm writing ever so I would really appreciate some feedback :) (Good or bad, I can take it). The story is written in Jace's P.O.V.

Please fan/comment/vote but only if you think it deserved it. So, here's the first chapter. Enjoy;)

Chapter one

Today, I was meeting up with Violet. I can't help but feel like the luckiest man in the world for knowing her. She's different from all the other girls I've been with. It felt like we had a connection the first time we met. It was at one of my concerts. She was standing out from the crowd, looking like she wanted to be anywhere but there. I remember how everyone else seemed to fade away the second we made eye contact. It was like we were the only two people in the world and in that second, I didn't mind us being the only people left on earth. I knew from that moment that I was going to need her to feel alive. I knew that she was going to be like my oxygen. I don't know for how long we held eye contact but when our gaze broke, it felt like something was missing in me.

     I've never let anyone see who I really was except for Violet. It was like she could see right through the walls I put up, when everyone else just saw a sarcastic, arrogant and tough guy. She made me see the world in a completely different way. She made me believe like no one else, that it's okay to be myself. My cell phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts. I smiled when I saw that it's a text from Violet. She never failed to make me feel better, even in my darkest days. 

Meet me at the park in half an hour :) 

After texting her back that I was on my way I hurried out and got in my car, eager to see her. It's not like I haven't seen her in a long time, it's just that no matter how often I see her, it just doesn't feel like it's enough. With that thought in mind, I started driving toward the park.

     She was waiting for me at a bench near the fountain, looking deep in thought, a smile playing at the corner of her lips. I sat down next to her.  

"Hey Gorgeous! What are you thinking about?", I said before kissing her lightly on the lips.  

"I was just thinking of the time when I was younger and my parents used to bring me to the amusement park", she said, smiling at me. An idea popped into my head.  

"It seems like you had a good time back then. I wish my parents had taken me there too but they were always busy working." 

"It must've been hard for you. You barely got to experience your childhood." 

"It was but forget about that. Come on. Get up", I told her, taking hold of her hand.  

"Where are we going?" I flashed her one of my most charming smiles.  

"To the amusement park. Oh, and you don't have to thank me. I know I'm awesome."  

"Ugh. You're so full of yourself", she said, but there was a hint of a smile in her voice.  

"I know, but you love me for it," I said arrogantly.  

"Sure Jace, sure," she said while still smiling.  

I put my hand on my heart, feigning hurt. "You don't love me?" I said, wanting to hear her say it. "You know I love you, Jace. I always will," she told me before we reached my car and drove to the amusement park.

When we arrived at the amusement park, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to a booth, selling candy floss.  

"I want candy floss," she demanded.  

"Wow impatient much," I muttered. Apparently she heard me. Just my luck.  

"Don't be a jerk, Jace." She slapped my arm.  

"Jeesh woman, I'll give you your candy floss, just please don't kill me. I beg your forgiveness," I teased her.  

"That's my boy," she said, when I bought her the biggest candy floss in the booth. I swear I'll never understand women. Sometimes I wonder if they are even human - not that I'll ever say that in front of her. I swear to god, I'll be dead meat before even finishing the sentence. We ate our candy floss while walking around in the park, holding hands.  

"So what now," I asked her when we finished eating. She looked like she was thinking about it before her face brightened up.  

"The Ferris wheel," she said, determination clear in her voice. You have got to be kidding me. Out of all the amusements she just had to choose the Ferris wheel. God seriously, what did I do wrong? I haven't been such a bad guy, right? Sure I haven't. Great, now it feels like I'm arguing with myself. I swear, this girl is gonna be my death. She was still looking at me, expecting an answer or some kind of reaction.  

"Can't we try any of the other amusements? I don't really like the Ferris wheel," I said, not wanting to tell her the real reason.  

"Come on, Jace. It's gonna be fun." She started dragging me towards it. I started to panic. I can't do this.  

"Violet please, I- I can't do this." She must have noticed something in my voice because she turned and looked at me before realization hit her. Her eyes widened.  

"You're scared of heights," she stated. "Jace, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. You just don't hit me as a guy who would be afraid of heights but you know what, it's okay. We can try something else," she said when I nodded.  

"Come on, we'll go try the roller coaster."

     After we tried everything except the Ferris wheel, we decided to go home. This had seriously been one of the best days of my life. Nothing could ruin that. How wrong I was. While I was driving, I noticed that I was running short of gas. That's weird, I could've sworn it was full before we came here. I pulled up at the closest gas station and got out of the car. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and everything turned black. The last thing I remembered was Violet's scream echoing through the night as a pair of arms wrapped around her. What I had thought to be an amazing day, turned out to be the worst day of my life...

* * * * * * * * * * 

Remember to Vote/ Fan/ Comment if you think it was worth it;)