Chapter 2

Dylan and I walked all the way back to our part of town and the whole time I was so confused. What did he mean by 'It's about time the real you showed up.'. I mean did I ever stop acting like myself or did he mean the way I used to act when I was alpha? Well either way I don't care because ever since I got kicked out of alpha position he has become a weak pathetic man. I mean he was whimpering when that hunter jumped him. He was as useless as tits on a bowl.

     When we arrive at the woods we stop. We both know we can't let Austin know what happened because we broke several rules. First off, we changed forms in a public area where someone could of witnessed it. Second, Austin suspended me from changing unless he was around. Third, Austin signed up on the roster sheet to kill Scarlett Kernwood. You know, the one with the detached head back in the school.

"You know we can't just walk in..." Dylan said a little bit uneasy.

"Sure we could, but if he detected any hint of suspicion he would search us until we have nothing left for him to read. Once we change and he's in his form too, he'll check our thought. He'll look through them like a filing cabinet and if he finds out he'll kill both of us." I paused and turned my attention towards Dylan, to find him starring at me intensely. I cocked a sly smile. "I'll go first."

"Caroline, you can just waltz in there!" He reached out for me, but I moved aside.

"I can and I will. He may scare you Dylan, but I won't let him touch you or me. So stop worrying and come on already." I snapped back him. I just assumed his answer was okay because I started to walk up to the cabin again.

     The walk up to the cabin was a long walk and should be a tiring walk, but even though Dylan and I don't go to practice we're still pretty fit. Dylan didn't say anything else for the walk up, but he probably thinks I'm pist at him I'm. Which I'm not, but I'm still a bit irritated about earlier at the school.

       When we walk in the cabin I almost screamed, because there was Austin sitting in the den, with all the other alphas and second in commands. When some of them saw me they looked down in shame, some looked scared, and the others just looked away. I hope all of them burn in hell. Correction, I hope I make all of them burn in hell! I start to rush towards the den, but Dylan wraps his arms around me and covers my mouth. I mumble terrible things at them and try to wiggle out of his arms. Clearly they got the message why I was acting like that because they all started to prepare to change.

    While Dylan was still tightly holding on to me I got free both of my hands. I tried to brake his hold, but he was just so much stronger in this form. Right about then Austin got up and started to laugh at my weakness. Some of the other traitors joined in. As another person started to laugh my anger began to grow.  I could almost feel my beast thrashing out of my body and clearly Dylan noticed too because he immediately let go of me. I looked down at the ground, took a breath and tried very hard to relax a bit.  When I thought I was calm I looked straight at all of them and growled deep in my throat.

"Why are you all here, Austin why are they here." I almost sounded like I was about to kill all of them, which I would be okay with.

"Caroline back down," Austin said trying to sound superior. "they're here for the monthly alpha meeting."

   What? I thought the monthly alpha meeting was at the end of the month or has new alpha already started to change rules. Or maybe he's lying to me and trying to cover up for something. I stood there looking around at all the other faces in the room. Some I would remember from before and some that looked new, probably replaced the elder alphas. Some of the others sat back down, trying to show peace. Yeah right, the second they think I'm going to attack they'll be on my like white on rice. Behind me I hear Dylan walking over to the kitchen. He hesitates a bit when he's turning and starts to lose sight of me. I shake my head to tell him I'll be fine. These assholes can't intimidate me.

     They kept laughing though and I didn't understand why. Until I looked down at my body... the garbage bag. I had a garbage bag wrapped around my body. My cheeks immediately turned a bright shade of red and my confidence disappeared. I took a double take of the room. All of them were starring at me. All of them, including Austin. I pivoted on my foot and ran out of the room, the way that Dylan took. When I turned down the hallway I ran straight into him. I caught him off guard and he stumbled a bit before he grabbed hold of me. I couldn't hold it anymore. I busted out into tears and held on to him like I might lose him if I let go.

     I kept crying and whimpering. I felt so embarrassed that they saw me. I felt pathetic. Now my chances for becoming an alpha again could be gone all together. I just cried even harder now. Slowly Dylan lifted me up and carried me off somewhere. I wrapped my arms around him and looked into his eyes. Nothing. He had no expression, which could only mean two things. He's extremely pist and trying to hold his anger in or he just has a really good poker face, but I'm assuming it's the first choice.

"Where....where are you....taking me?" The words stumbled out of my mouth and alarmed Dylan.

"Listen Hannah, I've never seen you cry. If I was a gambling guy, I would assume that this crying stuff is going to stop soon and you are going to lose it when it does." He didn't make eye contact with me and just kept staring off into the distance.

"Where," Her voice got a lot stronger. "in hell are you taking me?! Put me down now." I guess this is what he was trying to tell me. My anger came back quicker than the words could leave my mouth.

     I released my grip around his neck and started to push away at his body. That only made him clutch me harder. after that failed attempt, I started to kick and squirm like crazy. He ignored it like I was fly and it didn't bother him at all. Finally I just thought, well he asked for it, so I started to punch his face. When the first fist connected with his jaw it sounded like hard candy breaking.

    He immediately dropped me on the ground and grabbed at his jaw. I took this moment of opportunity to see where the hell I was. I took a 360 and felt clueless. All I saw was trees, flowers, rocks, and ponds. The only thing that was there that made me know we weren't outside, was the noise of the air conditioner. No, I knew exactly where we were and it infuriated me that he brought me here.

    Dylan brought me to the "crazy house". Well, it was our version anyways. When I was alpha I built this place for pack members that were considered a threat to our pack. I commanded them to change into their wolf and survive on it's instincts. When I felt that they were ready to come out, then they would come out, but until then they stayed in there for as long as I said so.

"You brought me to the fucking crazy house!? What desired you to bring me here of all places, Dylan?" I locked my eyes on him and cocked my jaw.

"Maybe I brought you here because you needed to be here. Remember when you use to send anybody here for weeks, just because you thought they needed to be reconstructed." He said now removing his hand from his mouth.

"I put people in here because they were a threat to our safety, the packs safety!" I blurted out at him.

"Well, you know what? I felt that you were a threat to the pack's safety back in that room with all the other alphas. I know the history hiding behind those grim faces, I know you want payback, but wait."

"Wait for what Dylan? For them or Austin to try and actually kill me this time? No. I'm not going to sit back and let what happened slide! They betrayed me and in my book that's even to death."

"Caroline, you're not getting it! I want to help you get back at them, but if you do it now, uprepared, then you're going to make more of a fool of yourself. Now will you listen to me?" He asked. I looked away and scratched my head avoidingly.

"Yeah, I'll listen." I murmured.

"Good, because this is going to be a long conversation and if you don't pay close attention, then you're going to lose the battle at hand."