Prolouge 1- Bomb

BEFORE THE APOCOLYPSE

You're eight years old, only a child, sitting silently at the kitchen table. Your brain is cloudy and you feel slightly woozy.
Your past flashes through your mind.
Your mother was a surgeon.
After she died, you developed a fascination with her work and studied medical books almost every day.
Your father is out, shopping.
You feel strange, like you're half asleep, but are suddenly snapped awake by a loud explosion that shakes the house.
Glass shatters as family photos fall off of the walls in the hallway.
You jump off of the chair, and rush to the window.

The street is in chaos.

Your wide (e/c) eyes take in the bodies of passerby strewn across the street, their clothing soaking up the puddles of blood they lie in, the streetlights flickering and dying.
In the distance, you can see a mass of white.
You tense as an amplified female voice pierces the air.

"A VIRUS CAUSED BY FOOLISH HUMANS HAS LED TO THE EXTINCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE AND VARIOUS MUTATIONS OF ANIMAL LIFE. THE VIRUS DOES NOT AFFECT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN. YOU WILL NOW BE COLLECTED BY THE VAMPIRES."

V-vampires?
Your first thought is to run. Your second thought is to run towards them, to join them, but that's crazy. That mass of white does not seem friendly.

Your breathing comes faster, you start to hyperventilate, but you force yourself to steady your breathing, calm yourself.

1... 2... 3... 3... 2... 1...

You put a hand over your heart and let out a breath.

What should I do?

Running won't do anything. Whatever is coming, men or whatever else- you refuse to believe that vampires, the ones from legends, actually exist- you have a feeling running right away will only result in capture...

You need a diversion, something big...
You run to the kitchen, fling open the junk drawer, and pull out some duct tape. You feverishly disconnect the microwave from the wall and turn it into its side, open up the top-
And fill it with silverware.
Your house has two microwaves, one big, one small, because your mother used to cook large dinners that needed both, so you flip the other one on its side and start filling it with anything metal- a box of paper clips, nails sitting near an unfinished table your father was working on- and more knives and metal things.
Then you use the duct tape to quickly seal both microwaves, this takes an alarming amount of time, then you hear the doorknob jiggle.
You quickly set both microwave times to "popcorn", rush towards the back door, fling it open, and run like hell.