I Hate Mondays

A/N: After much thought and consideration I have decided that this story is going to be the first story I complete. Because of this I must Re write it. I will post what I can but please know that I am trying my best as an amateur writer. This also entails that this story is subject to change, a lot of it. Please be patient. Thank you for your time.

-Leona (Lorelei01)

----------

Running. That's what you're doing, I think to myself. The slap of my bare feet on the concrete hurts, but the physical pain doesn't amount to anything on the inside. I'm running from the pain, from the loss, from the hurt doesn't cease. I want to scream but to prevent that, I bite the inside of my mouth until I taste blood, then I bite harder.

Breathe in, hold it till the pain subsides, then out. Repeat. I take a turn onto a trail next to the side of the road. The branches rip at my skin, I can feel the fingers of darkness, cold and unfeeling, trying to pull me down to join my family in their everlasting sleep.

An unforeseen log catches me and I am launched into the unknown. The impact jars me. I hit face first, dirt trespasses into my mouth and I spit the gritty substance out.

I wonder if this is what it feels like to die. Dirt in every orifice, like I have stumbled into the grave. Cold, yes, that's a given. But I didn't realize dying involved such pain and loneliness. But when no one you love is alive I guess dying is easy.

You.

Just.

Fade.

Present Day 

My governess, Annabeth, with her annoying southern drawl and crooked nose, has decided to test my patience today. Her chipper attitude is making mine worsen. I woke up sullen today, the last thing I need is someone breathing down my neck, and worrying about if I make friends at school. She pats my leg and tells me it will get better soon. What will get better soon? My life? Not likely.

When the car stops outside the school, I unwillingly exit with my violin in hand onto the curb of Witticer High School. The car pulls away and I mentally curse myself for not pretending to be sick today. Today is Monday. This is going to be horrible. I walk through the doors, drop my gaze, and become invisible.

The principal scans the hall next to the front desk, like she's looking for a dress code violator to reprimand. I pull down my tight black skirt until the hem reaches my knees. I walk past her, hoping she won't see me.

"Ms. Schmitt you better watch what you wear that skirt is bordering on being too short. Go buy a new one today or else I may have you wear whatever I can find in the lost and found."

"Yes Mrs. Lincoln," I say, the image of innocence.

I breathe a sigh of relief. That was close. I walk fast down the hall hoping to see my best and to be honest, only friend, Shaylena, before first period started. I find her leaning against my locker holding a poppy seed muffin in one hand and a bottle of orange juice in another. She holds them out for me.

"You're gonna fail midterms without eating breakfast," she chastises me.

"Thank you Shay-Shay." I say calling her by her nickname.

"Welcome, Lei-Lu." she replies, echoing my use of nicknames.

"Ready for class?"

"No, I've got a biology as my first midterm today. And I forgot to study."

"Don't worry Shay, you'll pass."

"Easy for you to say little miss straight A's."

"I have a D in two classes. Your argument is invalid."