I Could Use a Friend

I couldn't get him out of my mind. The entire day I spent thinking about him. I had 3 classes with him, and not once did he talk. The teachers didn't even call him out to introduce himself.

I looked off towards the buses and sure enough there he was, climbing up the steps with his hoodie covering his face.

I couldn't help but smile but caught myself and smoothed out my shirt before walking to my bus. Once on I brushed pass several blue leather seats and boldly sat in the seat right next to his.

"Do you have a name?" I muttered. He only gripped his book bag tighter and focused out the window. "I don't bite ya know"

He laughed slightly before focusing on the window again. "I'm Mia" I stuck out my hand but he ignored me. "You're not gonna make any friends by not talking" that sounded a little to harsh..

He slowly turned his head in my direction and I saw his face completely. he stuck out his hand before smiling, "Zayn"

I was beyond shocked. He sighed before holding up his arm with his other hand, telling me his arm was tired. I reached my hand out and shook it lightly.

His smile grew before he patted the spot next to him. "I could use a friend"

His smile rubbed off on me and I scooted over and say by him. "Thanks Zayn. I could use a friend to."

••••••••

~Zayn~

I sighed rather loudly as I slammed shut the door. What the hell was I thinking. That's when Liam happily walked in and smiled. "What's wrong mate?"

"I f*cked up big time" I bit my lip before meeting his gaze. "Well what did you do?" His smile now in a curious stare.

"I-I talked to a human, I don't know what I was thi-"

"What did you say? Did you tell her you a..ya know?"

"I just said my name and I could use a friend"

Liam shook his head and glared at me, "I knew it was a mistake! Zayn you can't go back!"

My mind went blank. "W-why not?"

"BECAUSE YOU MESSED UP!" he breathed out before speaking calmer. "Every time you or the other lads mess up we need to go to a new state."

"Liam she doesn't suspect anything"

"Yet! Girls are nosey! They wanna know your life, your friends, your everything! unless you want this girl dead we're leaving"

"Liam I'm not leaving! Last time I checked your not in charge! Last time I checked your not the oldest nor are you the boss of me or the others. If you wanna leave go pack your things and go! I refuse to leave another state for a stupid a** mistake" I kicked off my shoes and walked up stairs. Liam remained there shocked.

I never act like that and it's no surprise I flipped out I'm always quiet but sometimes you just need to vent.

I flung my book bag on my bed before sitting on my bed. My knee began to bounce as I thought about that girl. I forgot her name...what was it?

I walked into my bathroom before staring at my reflection. "Guess I'll take a shower" I whispered to myself.

••••••

I quickly sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I pushed the home button on my phone before glancing at the screen.

"School" I groaned. Wait school? I get to see her! I Yanked up my jeans and pulled a shirt on over my head and raced to the bathroom to fix my hair. Within a matter of minutes I was out the door.

I ran down the street eager to see her. 'I need to figure out her name.' I chanted in my head. I slowed my pace and walked slower as soon as she noticed me. "Zayn!" she smiled.

My palms began to sweat, my throat became very dry. "Hey..." Say your name. Say your name.

"It's Mia" she laughed. Mia. I studied her appearance, Her hair was down in beautiful curls and the back covered in a panda beanie she was so cute, A dark blue shirt with little ruffles on the sleeves and ends matched her light grey jeans with rips and tears at the knees all with the same grey converse.

"Zayn?" she snapped her fingers. My head snapped up and she blushed, "Were- were you checking me out?"

"No, just your shoes. They look so old"

"Yup! 3 years in the making"

The bus pulled up before she turned her head to me and smiled again.

I was messing up again but who cares.

_______________

I loved writing this chapter! I've tried to explain clothes more in this book so you get more of a visual.

So I'm thinking about updating this book every other week or every Saturday

BUT if you comment and vote I'll update faster :)

So updates are gonna take longer because I'm making longer chapters so I'm not gonna be able to update everyday

K byeeee!