Ch 4

ISAAC POV
"John are you sure? Because Stiles is happy as a clam when he's here. I just assumed it was all, playful."

"I'm telling you Mel, I saw bruises on him that make him look like a domestic abuse victim"

My goal here was to grab a snack from the kitchen after everyone left early but Scott and myself -considering we live here- but when I heard Melissa on the phone, I couldn't help listening in when I heard Stiles' name mentioned. I was already concerned about him enough after everyone talked about him at lunch

"Ok, so why are you telling me? John I can't do anything about this, it's Scott's responsibility as an Alpha to keep things in order. Despite the fact that I want to whack everyone of those kids on the nose for this."

"Mel just *sigh* I need you to at least make Scott aware of the situation. Because obviously he's oblivious to what's happening to his best friend right under his highly sensitive nose."

That's when I walked away, my snack isn't important anymore I guess. But now, thinking about it, Scott was aware, by now everyone was at least a bit concerned. Stiles hadn't been at school today and he was talking a lot with Lydia, who was concerned about Stiles as well (for obvious different reasons than Scott) but... How did I not notice.

I was the only one to apologize to Stiles if I elbowed him while wrestling with one of the other Betas, I was the only one who didn't insult him but instead thanked him, I was the only one that probably wondered why he always smelled so sad.

Oh f/ck!

We'd been abusing the only person who went out of their way to help the pack. Stiles was focusing on helping Lydia with dates, cleaning the house, breaking up fights among Jackson and whoever he pissed off, the only one who made sure we studied and were happy. He was our pack mom, and we treated him like sh/t!

The whimper I let out was surprisingly loud and sounded really pathetic as I slid down the wall I was leaning against at the bottom of the stairs.

Mom was hurting and I didn't even realize it! I was so focused on everything that I didn't defend the one person who taught me how to deal with my nightmares and anxiety attacks.

That whimper quickly turned into a low growl as I set a goal. No not a goal, a mission to make Stiles' life easy, to protect him because I knew no one else would. And with that, I was out of the house and running.

------
STILES POV
It was about 7-ish in the evening and dad had left for work. I still hadn't left the bed and I was regretting it now, wishing I had at least gotten my phone out of the Jeep so I could ask someone for the notes from class today.

But, no point in regretting that now, so I just stared at the ceiling, ignoring my growling stomach and overfilled bladder in favor of not moving for a while longer. Of course, this has to be interrupted by the overwhelming nausea from earlier that went further than it needed to and I scrambled towards the bathroom, just barely making it into the toilet.

20 minutes go by and everything bathroom wise is taken care of, so I shuffle my way to the bed only to see my window open and two werewolves in my bedroom. Derek and Isaac, the two least horrible of the group I really don't want to see.

"No," my voice scratchy from puking, "out. I don't want anyone here right now." That obviously didn't stop Isaac from walking up to me and picking me up bridal style. I was only thankful because that intuition of his stopped me from collapsing after my knees buckled on me.

"Not happening mama," having laid me down on my bed, he hid his face in the crook of my neck and scent marked me. "We came to make sure you were ok and you're not. Whether you want us here or not, we're staying until you feel better." It finally hit me when I looked up at Derek to see tears in his eyes that, unlike the rest of the pack, these two actually noticed I was gone and were concerned.

"I'm sorry Stiles. For everything we've put you through as a pack." Hearing how broken Derek's voice sounded I shifted over, Isaac on my lap until there was enough room for Derek to sit next to us. I pet Isaac's hair as he quiet sobbed on my shoulder with one hand and the other reached out to pull Derek down onto the bed.

Almost immediately he sat as close as he could, wrapping his arms around both me and Isaac as he started crying. I placed my hand on the right side of his jaw angling his head to where he could rest his forehead against mine and absorbed myself in the moment.

These two at the very least saw me as pack... And I can say I feel the same about them.

It didn't make me want to cry in relief or disbelief, no. It made me want to comfort them until they would let me take care of them again. But as of right now, they were pulling my pain as best they could because I know it made them feel better to take care of me.

"Thank you pups... There's nothing to be sorry for, but I accept your apology. Thank you for making me feel like pack again."

Laying down, we all stayed like that for a while until we fell asleep; Isaac snuggled against my chest like a little koala or something and Derek wrapped around us both from behind me, guarding us into the wall away from the world.

Even if they were the only ones in the pack who cared, I wouldn't mind, so long as I could hold onto this warm, easy feeling for the rest of my life.

This may be what helps me get through the rest of the pack giving me such hell.

---------

See? Stiles is getting his love and snuggly cuddles like he deserves as the awesome pack mama he is!