Chapter 14

AN: Yo I know I haven't written this story in 4 years but it's never too late to keep going lmao idk how much longer this story will keep going because I also have serious writing projects I'm working on and a youtube channel now (if you want to check it out, it's the-mighty-jessi-quinn), but I'm gonna try my best to keep this going until I wrap it up.

Victoire woke in the night to hear a tap on her window. She gasped and sat up in bed. Through her drowsy eyes she could see someone floating at her frosty window. She walked across the creaky floor on groggy feet to open it. A rush of cold air burst into her previously cozy bedroom.

"Teddy! What are you doing? Are you mad?!" she attempted her best yell in a whisper so as not to disrupt the rest of her family.

Teddy paid her words no mind and climbed in through the window.

"I wanted to give you your present at midnight; as soon as Christmas began," he said. He shut the window behind him and began to take off his thick layers he had put on to keep out the cold.

"Teddy, that's really sweet and all, but I had just fallen asleep, this really isn't the best time," she said, arms wrapped around herself. She stifled a yawn with her hand and then returned her arms to their crossed position that made her look more angry and less tired than she really was.

"Are you done?" he asked.

Victoire said nothing in response.

Teddy walked around the perimeter of her room, turning on the fairy lights she had mounted on the walls, "For ambiance," he said. He had her sit down across from him on the creaky, wooden floor and cast a charm so that snow fell onto them from the ceiling.

He held her hands in his and looked her directly in the eye, "So I know we're still young and a lot of people will think this is crazy--it is crazy, and I know you would say it is, so that's why I'm not going completely all-out--yet! that is. But I got you this," he reached behind himself and pulled out a jewelry box and opened it. "It's a promise ring. I want to promise to love you--forever--and to one day marry you. I want to promise you my whole heart and I want you to have this ring so that you know that I am always with you."

"Teddy!" Victoire said in a gasp that quickly became a yawn. "Whoops! Haha, yes! I love this! I love you so much!" She threw her arms around him in an embrace and then gave him a kiss.

It was not long before they were fast asleep in Victoire's bed, entangled arms, legs, and vibrantly-colored hair.