chapter 2

The next day, my father planned for me to go shoot a skit for AwesomenessTv. It was the Tv show that was on Nickelodeon, so obviously my dad too that opportunity. He takes whatever he can get for money and makes me do them. I was just surprised he didn’t make me sing, like Trevor.

My dad drove me to the studio and dropped me off. He never stays at these shoots because he says they’re boring and he could be doing something way better and productive, than sit and watch me make a fool of myself in front of a camera, which was obviously all an act.

I stepped out of the car and onto the pavement and closed the car door behind me. I was just glad I could get away from him for a few hours and that was all that mattered. Right before I entered the building, my dad rolled down the window and pointed at me telling me to come over. I sighed and obeyed his order and leaned in the car waiting for him to talk.

“Connor, remember these people are professional. They don’t want some immature, little kid ruining all their shit. You’re here to do one thing, and that’s to get on Tv and make money. You understand that?”

“Dad,” I rolled my eyes. “Of course I won’t do anything stupid, but this is a kids show. I’m pretty sure they want me to be silly.”

He gave me a death glare and it was actually quite scary.

“Just get in there and do what you have to do. Don’t ask anymore questions.” He demanded. I rolled my eyes back and stepped away from the car and watched him as he started the car and drove down the streets of LA and disappeared before my eyes.

I sighed walking into the building. This wasn’t the first time I was here, but it was my first time filming something here. Jc took me here a couple of times because on of his best friends, Kian, does skits for here a lot. Jc told me that Kian loves it a lot. But I knew I wouldn’t, because I was being forced.

I walked up to the desk and asked them I had a reservation here. She looked through her computer and then told me what office to be in. Once she told me the office number, I headed up in the elevator and reached floor four before walking down the long hallways and finally reaching my destination.

Even though filming was something I was passionate about I still was really nervous. I knew that if I didn’t take what I was doing seriously, my father would disown me. I couldn’t go through that again.

I pushed open the door and it was not what I was expecting at all. Tons of people around my age were just sitting around and talking or filming. I had no idea what to do. I stood there in shock.

A girl looked up from her friend and walked over towards me and smiled.

“Hey Connor,” She smiled. I immediately recognized who she was. Her named was Teala Dunn.

“Hi Teala. Um if you don’t mind me asking, I’m supposed to be filming something right now for AwesomenessTV, do you know where the director is?” I asked. She laughed and I was confused.

“Actually, they sent me to find you so you found the right person. Follow me.” She instructed. I followed her as she walked past all the YouTuber’s and felt extremely awkward. Although I was super popular on YouTube and most YouTuber’s knew who I was, it was really awkward. The only YouTuber’s I knew were the ones I’ve met at events and or had to have meetings or collabs with. Outside of all that I try and stay away from YouTube as much as I can.

Once Teala and I reached the room where I was supposed to film, she smiled and left, and I was stuck there with a bunch of people I had no idea who they were.

A really tall man, probably around thirty-five, walked over to me and stuck out his hand. I  shook his hand nervously and grinned a bit.

“Hi Connor, you’re here for a sketch, is that correct?” He asked.