Blue Moons and Lost Princesses

Prologue.

As the young couple sits on the old garden swing, the only source of light they have is that of the kerosene lamp sitting on the ground beside them. There is no moon tonight; the dark clouds cover what usually looks like a pearl in the midnight sky. She has her head snuggled on the crook of his neck, and he lays his head on hers carefully, a faint smile on his face.

A nightingale sings a slow and whimsical tune, and the couple smiles, their hands entwined in each others’.

She lifts up her head, a tiara embedded with sapphires that compliment her own blue eyes set on it, and looks into his own kind, emerald green eyes, and adorning his head a crown that holds rubies and emeralds.

She looks up, something catching her eye, and gasps in pleasant surprise, pointing at the sky above. “Oh, Cameron, look! A blue moon!”

For as the nightingale had crooned on, the clouds had faded away, and in its place hangs a blue moon, the one whose colour her eyes share, and the symbol her kingdom holds.

And isn’t it fitting that since her life started with a blue moon, their life together will start with one as well?

And thus our story begins…

Once upon a time…