The Storm

The fair was so much fun! We were just about to leave when one of the worst storms reported hit our town.

We started to head to the parking lot when I suddenly fell. I mean, I was knee deep in mud and I was being distracted by the flashing, shocking, blue laser beam like lightning strikes and my ears were being burst from the roaring thunder.

That fall finally made my ankle snap!

For months I kept popping in, and, out my ankle that, that day, it just, snapped.

The storm was a complete surprise and nobody had is coming.

My mother was closer to the parking lot than me and she could not hear me yelling from the other children screaming and parents yelling and the thunder and the cars honking and getting stuck in the mud.

I was scared.

I quickly turned and saw something spinning and as soon as I turned around again I saw a man in my face yelling at me the words I believed were, "Are you okay!? Kid! Hey, kid, listen to me, I'm going to get you out of here! Where is your parents?!"

"My Mum! She's near the parking lot!" I was crying and shivering from the cold air whipping me in the face

I yelled, "My ankle, it's broken! I can't walk!" The man quickly picked me up and ran to the parking lot. I looked around me and people all around me were carrying children and young teens.
I no longer felt the need to yell and call

"My name is Nate! I'm a Children's society Health Worker!" I heard and I replied, "I'm Ashton, I'm thirteen and I hate people touching me, or my hair!" I smiled, he smiled back.