Prologue

I guess you could say I'm just an ordinary kid, I'm not popular, I'm not rich and I am not handsome. My family is just me, my twin brothers and my parents, we are not rich but we are not poor just average, but we are happy with our life. so I don't know how I became one of the chosen ones to become the next king of the kingdom.

I know you guys are thinking, how I was chosen, why you?. Well it all started the day I turned 12, my mom made a simple dinner so that we could celebrate my birthday, we were happy and just enjoying the dinner, when a letter flew into the room from the opened window, It landed in the table. I began the open it and read it, it was the letter of selection. A selection is where males from the age of 12 - 16 is chosen to become one of the chosen ones to become the next king of the kingdom. The ceremony is tomorrow and I was invited to attend the selection. My parents were thrilled that I got a letter immediately, the kingdom only pick 100 males per year to participate in the selection, it was best to picked the day you turned 12 because you have a better advantage of getting selected. There hasn't been a chosen one since 30 years, so people are getting discourage that they will become chosen. Everyone wants to become chosen because It will be a great opportunity for them.

The selection is a yearly tradition in the kingdom. The boys has to touch the scared stone and if it lights up, it means that they are chosen, if it doesn't well too bad for them. The stone actually lights up in different colors like blue, red, and a lot more. The people don't know what they symbolizes but one's you are chosen you will know.

They have the selection because ones the current king has serve in the kingdom for 30 years or they die, it will be pass down to the chosen one they selected. But since there hasn't been a chosen one in 30 years so the current king can't pass down his crown to anyone.

I was just an average kid who has no plans or ambition to be a king but it looks like fate has other plans for me.

When it was the day of the selection, mom and dad was so excited, christian and christie were still young so they don't know why mom and dad are so excited. They want me to wear a suit and a tie but I just want to wear my favorite shirt and pants. I don't get it why they are super excited, it's not like I have already been chosen. When we got there. There were already so many people lined up even though it's still early. It seems like I'm the last one in the line.

There were so many boys who touched the sacred stone but it didn't light up. The people thought that there won't be a chosen one again this year, they were about to lose hope when Christopher Vi Emmanuel touch the sacred stone it lighted up. The people rejoiced that finally a chosen one appreared after 30 years. Christopher is the current king's son so they believe that he is meant to be the chosen one and it looks like it came true.

Then Elliot Vincent was chosen, he is the youngest son of the richest merchant in the kingdom. Elliot is a well known actor in the kingdom. He has played many different roles in the plays in the kingdom, he could be a prince, a child, a girl and many more different roles

Then the twin son of the king's younger sister is chosen. William lyon gray and Nathaniel earl gray. They are popular in the kingdom. William is a genuis when it comes to making plans and strategies while Nathaniel is really great in sports and can play almost every sport in the kingdom.

Then almost everyone was already finished. Then it was may turn, I see that everyone couldn't wait to finally announce the new chosen ones, then when I touch the sacred stone. It lights up so brightly. Everyone was shocked that I was also chose, My family was overwhelmed that I was chosen.

I stand beside for fellow chosen ones. And that is how I become one of the chosen ones. I wonder what is in store for the future? What will happen to me next? Well this is my story.

* Author note *
Hi!!!! This is my first story that I have publish. Please don't be harsh to me 😄 thank u for reading

Please comment what you think about the story and should I continue it.