Chapter 24

Fall in love with someone who looks at you like you're a beautiful trouble.
Someone who makes you feel like smiling. Someone who makes it easier.

•••••

"What about him?" Sarah asked stiffly.

"I mean you and him your relation" Malik asked with a shrug as if it was nothing but he was dying to know if they really broke everything.

"Why are you talking about Jacob all of a sudden, Malik? And why do you think there is something between us still? I told you we were engaged and not are." It was clear that Malik's question about Jacob irritated her. He didn't know if it was because she still loved and missed him or if it was due to hatred and pain and that too would mean she still loved him. He was confused and disappointed at the same time.

"Sorry" he said curtly. Sarah was confused why would he ask about Jacob all of a sudden after that long time also why was he that disappointed from her answer!

"Malik, tell me what's wrong ,please"

"Nothing, just wanted to know how is it going between you too if you made up or not you seemed to be so in love." He was dying saying those word's it was also for him to hear more than to her.

"Oh God Malik, how could you think like that I thought you lo- ... I mean it was just a crush not love that was how naive I was, Malik. I don't love Jacob , at all." She looked him in the eyes and told him honestly. He didn't know what to say so he just looked at her eyes, his eyes were glowing with happiness. She doesn't love him. He exclaimed mentally with a grin.

"Sarah..." She cut him off to say what she was debating herself to say or not for quite long time now.

"I love you ,Malik, not him." She felt a huge weight off of her chest even if he rejected her she would be in peace knowing she did everything she could do. In the other hand, Malik felt his heart skipped a beat from the shock, she said it or was he imagining things, he wanted to confess his first love to her in romantic way but she shocked him, he was now paralyzed not knowing what to do or what to say.

"You..." He trailed wanting confirmation , when she nodded he raised his eyebrows , blinking his eyes then exclaimed "really? As in love love or friendship?"

"Malik I know what I said, I love you and you're an idiot not to notice before" she sighed looking at her hands.

"I love you too" he exclaimed making her look at him quickly with wide eyes and big grin, she was happy he felt it too.

"Mali-" he cut her off.

"Let's get married" he stood from his chair excitedly making her laugh at his childishness.

"Yeah why not but we should tell our families to let them know too in case we don't need any police searching for two insane missing people" she said sarcastically but he didn't see it and hold her hand , pulled her up on her feet then they exited together to have the day off.

What a crazy man I trapped myself with. She laughed mentally too happy to have Malik loving her too and excited to be with her all his life.

Yeah that's what love is , not some man who wants to control you or doesn't even see you as a special person. She told herself then looked at the happiness in Malik's eyes thanking God for such blessing.

Malik was always a happy person and easy going guy but his happiness at this moment was different, he felt different, he was overwhelmed with his and Sarah's happiness. Looking at her happy eyes and big grin , he thanked God for such blessing.

 Looking at her happy eyes and big grin , he thanked God for such blessing

•••••

Leila heard her office door knocking so she sighed cutting her thoughts from how Yusuf confessed his undying love for her.

"Come in" and there she found Sarah and Malik coming in holding hands , she raised her eyebrows at their hands but didn't say anything.

"Ms Josef can I ask a favour, I know you are not one for favours and all and this is a work place not a club and all but can we two take the day off?" Malik was rambling , Sarah was on the verge of bursting out laughing at his nervous talk and Leila was amused.

"And why is that?"

"We are preparing our wedding" he exclaimed happily. Leila raised her eyebrows at his excitement and deep down in her heart she felt happy for his happiness.

"Malik!" Sarah cut him with a shocked look "you weren't joking there" she pointed her finger backwards indicating their work office.

"Nope" he grinned.

"Okay." Leila said and they both snapped their heads towards her not believing she agreed.

"Okay?" Sarah asked to make sure they weren't hallucinating.

"Yup, go on but don't forget to invite me" she leaned back on her chair and folded her arms with a smile.

"Yayy" Malik exclaimed and Sarah rolled her eyes at how childish he was acting in front of their boss.

"Thanks Ms Josef, you are the best" Sarah told her then Malik tugged her hand with him and exited the office.

"I can't believe she agreed that quick" Sarah said.

"Me too but who cares let's go get our rings." She shook her head at him but walked laughing nevertheless.

Their life would be exciting to no end with a child like partner.

Leila looked at the door where they went out from and grinned. She never saw Sarah that happy with Jacob and she was happy for her. Maybe like Leila, Sarah found the real love she deserved. Leila thought about Yusuf again and decided they have to meet again. Yes she still wasn't sure of her feelings but she wasn't getting younger and she must take the risk.

•••••

Eid Mubarak to all my lovely Muslim fellows and may Alla accept our worships

Happy day to all other people. ❤

I wish you like this chapter ;)

Vote

&

Comment 💬