Abstract Dreaming

July 1st, 2011

(Carter’s first kinda-Road Trip)

“Carter Insert Middle Name Here Holmes! Your wet dreams can wait, get up!”

I turned over groggily and covered my head with a pillow.  “Dude, who even let you in my house?” I said, genuinely annoyed at the intrusion. I’d been up all night and though I didn’t know what time it was, but judging from the way every cell in my body ached for slumber, I couldn’t have been sleep for more than three hours.

“Your dad.” He snatched the pillow from over me quickly, burgling the only barrier between me and the sounds, lights, and other nuisances of the waking world. Birds were chirping cacophonously, the bright sunlight leaking in from the window lit up my room, and my dad’s TV was blaring from across the hall.

“He was in his underwear and bathrobe by the way. Good night?” I didn’t even need to look at him to know that he had a smirk on his face, which was good for me because I planned to keep my eyes shut. As far as I was concerned as long as I didn’t open my eyes, I wasn’t awake yet.

“Yeah, I heard him come in at like 2 with some giggling girl, but they went into the room so fast I didn’t even get a glimpse of her.”

I could easily picture the disappointed look on his face. “Seriously?”

“Don’t worry, I heard her coming out the room at like 4 and pretended to be getting a midnight snack. She was definitely hotter than the last one.”

“Details, bro! Details!”

“Blonde, early 20’s, C-cups; perky, annnnddd….” I drew out the word as I thought of the perfect way to describe it, “an Alexis Texas ass.”

“Alexis Te—dude, you’re lying. Look me in my eye and say it.”

“Nope. I’m still sleep. I’m sleeptalking.”

Lars sat at the foot of my bed.

“Dude. Don’t.”

He put his hands on the cover.

“Come on, bro, can you go one day without being childish?”

He answered by rubbing my leg sensually. Just the feel of another guy’s hands on my leg, even through my cover, caused me to shudder—not the good kind of shudder, either. And Lars knew it.

“Whatever, bro, rub as much as you want. It doesn’t bother me.” I said through clenched teeth. He knew I was lying. An abundance of male-on-male contact had been a pet peeve of mine since as long as I can remember. Consequently, it had been one of Lars’ favorite ways to annoy me for just as long.

After like a minute of fighting the ever-growing feeling of wrongness, I finally gave in. I sat up quickly, looked him in the eye and said, “She had an Alexis Texas ass”, and laid back down a second later.

The rubbing stopped instantly but the damage had already been done. Light had entered into my retina, my body had shifted gears from slumber mode, and unfortunately, I was up.

“Why are you so gay?” I said as I sat up.

“Hey, you’re the one who’s not secure enough in his masculinity to enjoy the touch of another man.” He said laughing.

I laughed. “After that sentence, I’m going to have to ask you to get out of my bed.”  

“Whatever, boo.” I shook my head at him as he got up and sat on the couch. “But yeah, bruh, your dad is a bro. How does he do it?”