Declaration of Clean Bristles

This piece we had to use The Declaration of Independence as a guide to write our own Declaration. Being an art fanatic, I wrote mine from the POV of a paintbrush!

 The Declaration of Clean Bristles

            We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all paintbrushes are created and treated fairly, that they are treated by their Painter with certain rights, among these are Gentleness, Cleanliness, and the right to orderly bristles. That whenever any Painter becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the Brush to adjust or protest it, and to request a new Painter, as to them shall seem most likely to affect our Cleanliness and Orderliness. But when a long rain of abuses and wrongdoing, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such a Painter and to provide new Minds for their future use. The history of the present Painter is a history of repeated beatings and frayed bristles, all having a direct object to the establishment of a worn brush. To prove this, let Facts be submitted.

They have refused our Assent to Soap, the vital and necessary need for clean bristles.

They have combined with other colors to subject us to a jumble of hodgepodge pigment.

They have deprived our air, leaving us stranded, face down in a pool of murky water.

They have plundered our bristles, ravaged our whiskers to whack every last drop of paint out of our fibers, leaving us frayed and broken.

They have obstructed our bristles, by refusing to uncoil the twists, rendering future use.

We, therefore, the Paintbrushes of the future Picasso’s and Kandinsky’s of the world, assembled, appealing to Paintbrushes and Painters of the world, do, in the Paint, and by Acrylics and Oils everywhere, solemnly publish and declare, that these Bristles are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent brushes. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Brushes everywhere, we mutually pledge to each other our Bristles, our Handles, and our sacred Paints.