The Good Ol' Days

All Rights Reserved!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Good Ol' Days

Annabeth

“Are you sure you smell a monster?” Luke asked.

“I’m positive,” Grover replied. “We better be careful here.”

Luke grabbed Annabeth around her waist and lowered her from her seat on his shoulders. “Okay, Annabeth. He smells a monster, so we need to fight it. You still have you dagger, right?”

“Yup!” Annabeth said, proudly showing off her weapon.

“Good,” Luke smiled. “Keep it ready.” He ruffled her hair and they continued to walk alongside the road.

Annabeth was happy with Luke and Thalia (and Grover). She finally had a family like her. One that knew about the monsters and fought against them too! Grover said he was leading them to a camp. Annabeth also knew that he was only supposed to escort Thalia back to camp, but he was too kind and ended up bringing Luke and Annabeth along. She was happy for that.

As they were turning around a corner, a monster jumped out from nowhere. It looked like a regular female except for the fact that instead of legs, it had twin trunks of a serpent.

“Demigodsss and a sssatyr,” the monster hissed. “Jussst my luck!”

“A Scythian dracanae,” Thalia stated. She tapped the silver bracelet on her wrist and her shield Aegis sprung out, and the head of Medusa made the dracanae cringe for a moment. It was all Thalia needed to get out her mace canister where she carried a spear. She was holding a long spear in one hand and a terrifying shield in the other.

Annabeth feebly raised her dagger.

All Luke had as a weapon was a broken and bent golf club, yet he stood in front of Annabeth protectively.

“You will not harm us,” Thalia said fiercely.

“But you’re demigodsss,” the dracanae said. “Why wouldn’t I? In fact, I heard that yo—”

She never finished her sentence because Thalia lashed out with her spear and before the monster could defend herself she exploded into yellow powder.

“I told you I smelled a monster,” Grover said.

Annabeth was curled in Thalia’s arms as they slept in an alley. Luke had already decided her would take first watch, and Thalia and Grover were already fast asleep. But Annabeth wasn’t asleep. Not just yet.

Annabeth opened her eyes after another failed attempt to fall asleep and slid out of Thalia’s arms. She crept over to Luke. he turned his head to her and said, “You should be sleeping.”

“I can’t fall asleep,” Annabeth replied. “Tell me a story from when it was just you and Thalia.”

It was a strange request, but Luke answered anyway. “Alright. How about when we met?”

Annabeth nodded her head eagerly.

“Okay,” Luke began. “I was running through the streets with a few monsters chasing after me. I had my sword out—”

“But you don’t have a sword,” Annabeth interrupted.

“I used to have one, but then it got melted in acid,” Luke said. “Can I continue?”

Annabeth sheepishly nodded her head again.

“As I was saying,” Luke said. “I had my sword out. I turned around a corner and ducked into a cave to hide. I hid in the shadows and luckily, the monsters passed without noticing me. I was about to leave when a voice said, ‘Who are you?’ So I replied cautiously, ‘Luke. Who are you?’

“A girl came out of the shadows and said, ‘Thalia. You’re a demigod, aren’t you?’ I told her I was and she replied that she was following Zeus’s sacred goat Amaltheia. We decided to travel together and were about to leave when we heard a roar. That’s when we learned we were in a dragon’s lair. We distracted the dragon, but we didn’t kill it. As we were leaving, I tripped and dropped my sword in acid. It melted almost right away, so I became weaponless.

“Next time we were in an alley, I got a golf club from a dumpster and I’ve used that as weapon since.”

“That’s cool!” Annabeth said with a smile.

“Alright, now go to sleep,” Luke said gently pushing her in Thalia’s direction again. Annabeth obediently walked over to Thalia and curled up in her arms once more.

She fell asleep almost instantly.

A/N There's another one-shot! I hope you enjoyed it! I know it's kind of short and boring, but I think it's not too, bad.