Chapter 8

*8*

Alexandria’s POV

School… something that I would hate if it weren’t for the fact that I get to see my awesome friend, Willow.

A girl that can make me smile even if I was about to cry. A girl that can make me light up by just being in her presence. Willow, a girl that can make me feel happy without her having to do anything but talk to me.

This is why I don’t dislike going to school now; this girl has brightened up my day, no, every day that I’m with her.

So that’s where I’m off to, school. Another day for me to smile and enjoy being in Willow’s company.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat down in my self-assigned seat in English and waited for Willow to walk in. I couldn’t stop staring at the door, and you know what they say in the snoopy comics, “A watched door will never open and have a round headed kid bring you food.”

I let out a sigh and prepared for the lesson that was about to start, correction, that just started.

I don’t think I can handle today without Willow, my brain won’t stop worrying about her, she’s a nerd, and when nerds take days off of school, it’s usually not good.

My eyes continually drifted to the door that hadn’t opened to reveal Willow, and I couldn’t concentrate on what the teacher was saying, I just want to bang my head on a wall right now.

I got out my phone and texted Willow.

Me: Where are you? Why aren’t you at school? I’m worried, did something happen?

I sent the text and rested my head on the table as I waited for a reply.

I waited, and waited… and I’m still waiting.

WHY HASN’T SHE REPLIED BACK!?

Maybe she’s sleeping? Oh god why am I worrying so much!?

“Because she looked fine yesterday and now she’s not here” Brains sure know how to make you worry a whole lot more than you should in situations like these.

The lesson is almost finished… and Willow still hasn’t replied…

My legs won’t stop shaking…

OH GOD WHAT IF SHE GOT KIDNAPPED ON HER WAY HOME YESTERDAY!!!?

Okay… calm down Alexandria, she’s O.K, I hope…

Oh man…. I don’t think I have worried this much since the time where my mum almost found her favourite necklace broken in the bin, not because of me or anything like that…

>_>

<_<

Anyways…

Today sucks, im at school, Willow isn’t here… and I have no idea why she isn’t here.

I think I shall skip school today…

I jumped and let out a surprised squeal as my phone vibrated in the pocket of my pants.

I fumbled to get it out in my excitement and read the message.

Cutie: Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, I was playing with the kitten. I’m okay Ali, gosh you’re such a worry wart xD I’m at home, I’m sick with the cold, nothing major. Have fun at school! :)

…….

She’s sick….

Why didn’t I think of that?

….

AND I AM SO NOT A WORRY WART!

Okay.. maybe just a little :/

But who else wouldn’t worry about their best friend in a situation like this!?

Woah…. Best friend? I guess she is…

I never really thought about it.

I quickly replied to Willow.

Me: Thank god! I thought you got kidnapped… Can I come over and see you? What’s your address?

I sent it and waited for a reply.

The bell went and I speedily packed my things away and raced out of the room.

It was now recess, which means… FOOD PARTY FOR MY TUMMY!! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was eating my chips and gravy when my phone vibrated and I quickly looked at it (after licking the delicious gravy from my fingers first :P)

Willow sent me her address and told me that I was silly to think that the great Willow would get kidnapped xD

So I teased her and sent back that she isn’t so great if she gets taken down by a cold.

I finished my delicious lunch and made my way to the front gates, I’m usually a good girl and I don’t sneak out of school, but today I’ll make an exception.

Willow comes before school in my books.

And so off I go to Willow’s house, I hope her parents aren’t there, I don’t think they’d like the idea of me skipping school to see a friend.

(I am still writing chapter 9, i've had this chapter for awhile, sorry for making you wait :< Hang in there, please :>)