chapter one

“Hey baby” I said to the love of my life as I kissed him happily. “Hi babe” he said as he kissed me back not as happy as normal. “Baby what’s wrong? You don’t seem happy to see me” I asked concerned. “It's nothing don’t worry about it okay wifey?” he said. Yeah we got married and just got back from our honeymoon. “Okay if you’re sure” I said kissing him again. “Hey babe I got to go out of town for a week for work. Do you mind staying here?” he asked. “Yeah, no problem, but wouldn’t you rather me go with you and have our best friend watch the house?” I asked hopefully sitting on his lap. We live in a pretty big house because he owns his own business and it’s pretty popular. “Umm nahh you can stay I have a lot of meetings and things to do. You probably won’t see me except at night to go to sleep.” He said. “Oh. Okay well maybe I can give you massages when you get to the hotel at night then if you want me to anyway.”I asked hopefully. “I said no sweetheart stay.” He said sternly as he went to go pack his things for work. I think hes lying but why would he lie? Hmm time to investigate. As I go into the house from the back yard I hear the doorbell ring. we were taking a walk in our new neighborhood.

 "honey, someone’s here” I yell up the stairs as I reached for the door. i open the door and cant believe who it is. its my fuckin ex best friend from way back in high school. "what the hell do you want?" i growl at him. "chill" my wolf says. i ignore her and keep growling at him. "i i just wanted to say im sorry for the past. and wanted to see how you were doing" max stuttered.  "im fucking fine now what do you really want cause i know thats just plain shit"  i growl again. "sweetie who's at the door?" my husband asks as he walks behind me. i suddenly hear growling from behind me and infront of me. oh god. i look at max then back at cameron. theyre growling at each other. "what the flying fuck do you want max?? havent you done enough?" my husband growls at him standing infront of me now. "i um ...." he started nervously..."need your help. my pack was attacked by rouges. and killed most of my pack including my parents and family." he said sadly. i looked at him shocked. he has a pretty big pack and theyre the 2nd best fighting pack. we're the 1st.

 "okay we'll help what do you need us to do?" i ask him. im luna so i get to decide some stuff whether cameron wants to or not. i look at cameron then back at max. "why are we helping him love?" my husband and mate asked me through our mate bond. "because his parents took care of me when i had no one" i told him and with that said he nodded. my mother died in a car accident. dad was a drunk and abused me til maxs parents saw it one day cause we were neighbors and they heard screaming and my parents had no relatives that could take care of me so i went to them because they knew me so well. i was best friends with max since we were toddlers then he decided he wanted pick on me during high school because i was geeky and we never got along since. i played some pretty good pranks on him for payback but i loved his parents as my own. my dad finally died a year after maxs parents took me in.