Chosen Few

Two Months Later

Kenya POV-

My phone buzzed. I looked at my text.

My 3: You coming?

Me: Yeah. I'm on my way.

My 3: Aight. Love you. See you when you get here.

Me: love you too. 💋

I sighed and looked at the time. Hoping any moment, Brandon would come knocking on my door.

Today was super huge for my baby.

LSU had made it to the national championship game, ranked the number one team in the nation and ESPN had flown down to do a photoshoot and interview with the best college receiver in the nation- Odell.

O asked me if I could come and watch his first huge photoshoot and interview, and of course I agreed.

He had been there consistently for me during my rough time, and nothing was going to stop me from supporting him.

I still hurt of course, but O, took such good care of me physically, emotionally and spiritually, that it made it easier.

I wanted to surprise him for his hard work.

I had ordered a cake and asked Brandon to get it because I had to run to pick up O's gift. I had done that and came back and Brandon still wasn't here.

I was about to call him, when he shot me a text saying open the door he was about to come up.

I got up to open the door. He eventually came to it with the cake.

"What took so damn long?"

"Bitch don't try it. You got me running around Baton Rouge like he my nigga." He handed me the cake.

I put it on the counter.

"They gave me the wrong cake, then I had to wait cause one of the things had FSU. Like bitch you had one job. One job." Brandon said plopping on my couch, tired.

I looked at it. It was so perfect. "Oh my God it's so perfect B. Thank you for going to get it." I took a pic of it.

"He's going to love it

"He's going to love it. You wanna go?"

"No. You already calling me at six this morning talking about can I pick up a damn cake. The only place I want to go is sleep. But y'all have fun." He got up.

I closed the cake back up. "Can you carry this downstairs for me, while I lock up?"

He gave me a dirty look, rolled his eyes and got it. I got my purse and we headed out. I locked up and B, put the cake in my car.

I hugged him and then I was off to Tiger stadium where they were having the shoot.

I arrived in the locker room, where they had part of it designated as a changing area for O.  And part was the photoshoot backdrop.