Chapter 9

When I woke up, the pups were not next to me. I started to panic until the twins came in with the pups in their arms. I slowly started to calm down enough to see that there were only five of them. 

"Why are there only five pups with you?"

I asked through the mind link, starting to get worried. I see the youngest is missing, that is who I am worried the most about. When he born the doctor said that if it wasn't for his willpower, he would not have made it. 

They didn't say anything. They looked at my side. I saw my youngest pup there. His fur matched mine perfectly. I didn't even feel him there. I shifted back and picked him up. Sadly, the pups have to wait until their bodies are ready to shift back before we can see what their human selves look like. 

"Have you thought of their names yet?" 

I looked up at the twins and knew that I would have to choose them. 

"Can I have my pups? No, I have not thought of the names since I didn't think I was going to be here for their birth." 

They looked at me with confusion in their eyes. 

"What do you mean that you didn't think you were going to be here for their birth? Where else would you be?" 

I think Chris said that but I am not sure. I looked at him and then asked for my pups again. This time, they gave them to me. I put them all next to me and laid down with them. 

"To answer your question, I was going to leave you both before the babies are born but that didn't happen. I am still thinking of leaving and here is why. You both just didn't care about me or care to be near me during my pregnancy but now that the babies are here you want to be near me. I have been through enough and I don't want my babies to go through any of that or feel unwanted by their fathers. I am not in the mood to continue this. If I find that my babies are not next to me when I wake back up, I will rip everyone in this pack apart. I will make sure by the time I am done, no one will be living but me and my babies. Do I make myself clear?" 

For the first time in a long time, they were really scared of me. They could tell that I was telling the truth about everything I said. I was done with the bull shit and they knew it. I could tell that they were planning something but I didn't know what. I hope it's something to make me stay. I want to live with them until I die but if this keeps going on then I will have to take my pups and leave. 

They walked out of the room and shut the door. I really do need to think of names for the pups. I know that two of the boys might be named after their fathers, but the other names I will have to think about really hard. 

At that thought, I went to sleep. 

~Hours Later~

I woke up with my pups next to me. I say that the youngest was on the other side of me. I think he is more like me than I first thought. I picked him up and put him on my chest. He is so light. (He is not his favorite but he is overprotective of him since he is so much like him. He is just being a father.) I looked up and noticed the twins came in and sat next to me. When did I start calling them twins so much? Well, it's ok I guess. 

"We are so sorry. I know we should have been there for you but there is a reason why we couldn't." 

There was paint on their hands.

They got up and pushed the bed I was laying on, with the pups, to the guest room. Omg, the thing I saw next made me cry and then the bad feeling came back...