Epilogue

2011 © Sonia Bartlett ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Epilogue:

It was four days since Satan had been overthrown, and the whole world was still celebrating. The humans who knew nothing of demons or other supernatural creatures suspected nothing. Serlina supposed they figured it was all part of the Christmas spirit.

Goodness knew, Serlina was hyped up about Christmas! For the past two days they'd been back in Everett, Washington and they'd finally seen snow. With Christian by her side she'd the same Christmas spirit she'd had when she was a kid and first turned into her snow tiger.

After shifting into her white eagle, her secret was revealed to the world: she was the White One. The White One! She still couldn't wrap the idea that she was blessed, according to the prophecy with a lifetime of Christian. Her body warmed at the thought.

The last few days and nights had been heaven. It was as if, with the weight of finding Lukale and worrying about Satan dispelled, she could finally revel in the feeling of her other half finally being right back where it needed to be.

The only mar on her happiness was Cam. He still wasn't over Xenia. And who could expect him to be? You didn't get over love that easily, Serlina knew that for a fact. Even when she'd known she had no chance with Christian, her stubborn heart had held on to him until he became hers. The only problem was, there was no way Cam's love could overcome Xenia's death, even if she did die to save him.

Today was Christmas, and along with Ty and a sober Cam, her and Christian had celebrated in style as usual. It was her first Christmas without her father, which made her mood a little somber, but she consoled herself with the knowledge that his last wish had been fulfilled: she'd brought Christian to the White One, herself.

Serlina had also realized what her father had been saying right before he'd passed away. He'd known she was the White One and he'd tried to tell her that. But it had taken nearly three months and experiencing Christian's love to show her the truth in that.

Grabbing the almost thirty pound turkey from the oven, she sat it on the stovetop before reaching in to get the ham that rivaled the turkey in size. A moment after she shut the door, Ty came in, sniffing over her shoulder.

"Something smells good!"

Serlina playfully slapped him with the towel, "And there won't be any left if you get at it now!"

Ty whined and was about to protest, but a moment later Christian walked in, grabbing Serlina by the waist and hugging her back to his front while he asked, "Ty's trying to eat the food before dinner again, isn't he?"

The tension had somewhat decreased between the two men since they'd all gotten back. Serlina surmised this was because Christian now had the ability to stake his claim on her. A year ago Serlina would have been offended by such caveman behaviour, but lately she hadn't cared as much about any jealousy he had.

She'd found she had quite a bit where he was concerned.

"Yes," she replied in answer to his question. "Perhaps you should take it out to the table. Maybe he won't be so tempted if it's in plain sight."

Christian laughed lowly, taking the turkey in one hand, the ham in the other, and walking out to the table. Ty looked Serlina over critically before saying, "You know, I haven't seen you this happy before, Serlina."

"I know," she smiled, checking on the potatoes. "I've never been this happy before. I miss Dad, sure. But with Satan gone for the foreseeable future, everything seems to be going right for once."