Terra Nova: Prologue

Having absolutely no family, friends or money, and having to fend for yourself in a dying world is not easy. Especially for a seventeen year old girl like myself.

It's a tough life, I'll be honest. Watching both of my parents be slaughtered by the upholders of the law that we call police at only the age of ten was not a nice experience. After they carried out my parents mangled bodies, it was then that I'd thought I'd have no hope to survive; no will to live.

But deep inside me, something survived, even when nothing else did. And I fought and battled a never ending war to survive, and only just managed to. But every agonising day I would force myself to wake up, get up and hope for the best. Because what else could I do?

The day the police came and told me that I'd be travelling on the next pilgrimage, because they needed a single traveller, I was so relieved. It was then that I realized how much effort it took for me just to breathe. Apparently, they'd been monitoring me for a while, and saw how much I was struggling. All I had to do in return for travelling to Terra Nova was give them the little apartment that I lived in, which was a fair deal because I wouldn't be needing it again.

Terra Nova is exactly what I need; a fresh start. I'll get my own house, make new friends and hopefully settle in happily. It is another chance at life that I most certainly determined to accept. Change is coming for me, and I am ready and waiting for it.

Terra Nova is a second chance.