Chapter 9 Red Eyes and the Barrier Affects

Hey it been a long time since I have written and that is because the school has blocked this website. I am so sorry and  i just cant get over the fact that. I was helpless to get another chapter out to the public. Any way here it is. :}

 {}{}}{}{}{}{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}}{}{}{}

Chapter 9 - Red Eyes and the Barrier Affects

{Riley POV}

I HATE Life! Apparently Freddie will not be able to come due to a political thing in my uncles company. Although it is pretty much resolved, he has to go back to Saudi Arabia for a whole month.  I wanted to tell who ever caused this to go eat dried leaves and live under a rock because, come on, I really miss my extended family. I miss Fred especially because he has been the closest thing to a brother I have ever had.

I sit down and see the news flash on tv. It depicts a small mob break out, nothing to serious, and then I see my uncle announcing that he will be returning to Saudi Arabia. I feel like crying. For a whole week I was excited about nothing. 

It has been a week since I have had my hopes up only to see them crushed to the ground by a brief phone cal from my Aunt. I sigh as I switch off the tv and make myself breakfast. Sunday morning and nothing to do. Off my cycle, bored, and nothing to do. Hmmm.  A run would be good right about now, as  I dump the cereal, finish  the last bites to my eggs and pancakes. 

I run upstairs almost forgetting that Bellina has Sundays off. I rush back downstairs and quickly clean my dirty dishes and run back up to my room and change into a 'just do it' Nike purple shirt with black and neon pink running shorts. I put on some neon green/pink and black Nike's and get my iphone. I look at the time that reads 7:00. I walk out the door and lock it.

I start my trek with just the neighborhood, but for some reason Misty wants to run more than usual so after we finish the track we head out. I jog down the rode and then into another neighborhood, I feel the adrenaline and power in each step. the light sprinkle and mist puts me in a nostalgic mood as I run along a beaten path into the woods. 

I feel alive and for some reason I  never want to stop. I go on until i realize that I am far off from where I began. I start up a very heavy sweat and become dizzy. I stop, panting and sit on the side of the path.  I see black and know I am in trouble. Help! Some one please...Help me!

Red. Glowing red. they follow me. Hungry and curious, yet emotionless. Eyes that seem so familiar, yet i know they are not ones I have sen before. Silver. Silver hair and red eyes. Who is this. What does this person... no. This werewolf want from me. Closer. This creature moves closer to me and pushes against my chest. 

I gasp sitting up. I am back on the path. No longer am I surrounded by darkness, no longer are those eyes watching me. An illusion. That was what it was. I say to myself. Somehow though, they seemed to snap me out of whatever trance I was in.

I get up and look at my phone. It is almost 12:00. A shiver takes over my stiff body and I get up. I some how make it out of those woods and look back. It may have been my imagination,or maybe just an illusion of the remaining mist, but I could almost swear that I see those two glowing eyes.

{Unknown POV}

I tie my long dirty blonde dreads into a pony tail while looking at my reflection. Red eyes stare back at me. No emotion flickers in them, for what emotions could. I am a soulless monster. Humans and werewolves alike would think so to if they knew. If they knew about what I did. I killed. But that was not what made me heartless. It was the fact that I tore it out. Ripped it in half, and replaced it with a stone hard rock. My heart. Some would say what heart. They would be correct since I have none. I lost it long ago when I killed her. When I killed my mate.