Borrowing God

Chapter One - Meeting Satan

Borrowing God

by Aurora2

     A wry smile played at my lips as my unwavering gaze met his, thinking about the deal he had just offered. Hands shoved into dark jean pockets, black shirt silky smooth, and hair ruffled up, the man stared back into my deep blue eyes. A glint of something pure evil flashed in the look he gave. Yes, he was handsome, maybe even gorgous in the eyes of any sane woman. Breath catching, the corner of my mouth twitched up into my signature smirk. He growled low, reddish-brown eyes traveling slowly down my body. He surveyed the white shorts and plain purple tanktop that I wore. My light brown hair draped freely around my face as I cocked one eyebrow at him questioningly.

    "If your quite done checking me out, you can go now." I snapped, one hand holding the door, ready to close it as soon as his back was turned. What can i say? I was rude.

    Satan glared at me, his voice becoming rough with anger, "You'll regret ever speaking to me like that. Now, before you do, I'll give you one more chance to except my offer. Join with me, Camilla, and I will make you truely great." Even though i was never one to be scared, i couldn't help but feel a slight tingle of fear crawling across my skin at his voice. It was deep, dark, and made every word sound like an ominous prophecy.

    Snapping out of my thoughts, I pretended to ponder the oppertunity he presented in front of me. He says he could give me all I ever wanted. All the money I could possibly find, any slave I picked, the death of people I held strong hatred for. He knew me to well. Again, I reflected how incredibly odd it was that Satan had knocked on my door to ask for my help. Apparently the 'strengths' I had to offer were much greater than I thought. Heck, I didn't even know I had strengths.

   Shaking my head to throw the thoughts back into the corner of my mind, I turned to him with my answer. "Nope, i'm good. Thanks for the offer though. But I'm just not that type of girl."

    Satan raised an eyebrow at my statement, his tone unbelieving, "Not that type of girl? Camilla, I know you. You believe in me, and in God. Yet you don't love either one of us. How is that even possible without the greatest of strengths?"

     "Okay," I snapped, irritated, "One, I don't care what you think. Two, it's really creepy that you know all this about me and we have never met. I mean seriously? Go stalk someone else. And three, I don't want anything you can give me so get the heck off my porch."

     With that, I slammed the door in the shocked face of Satan himself. He didn't make a move to attack me, or smash his fist through the wood. I could distinctly hear his footsteps as the man retreated back to wherever he had gone to get here. I peeked out the window beside my couch, pulling the curtains aside slightly. My gaze followed Satan as he strolled leisurely down my driveway. Hands still shoved in his pockets, dark hair rustling slightly, I felt a stab of surprise in the forefront of my mind.

     Dang, The devil was attractive. No, i didn't like him, not one bit. He was more of an annoying prick than an evil, life crusher. But hey, how would I know? I'd known the guy for a solid ten minutes and that wasn't sayin' much. Sighing, I pulled out my Droid and scrolled through the three unread texts I had.

     One, from my uncle, asking if I wanted the job at his shop. To which I quickly said yes too.

    Another from my best friend, Melissa. An adorable picture of Chase -her gorgous boy friend- and his newborn baby nephew.

    And the third text I opened set off alarms in my brain that I didn't even know were there in the first place. It was completely blank, except for six words. No number, no To or From, not even a time for which the text was sent or recieved. Which i found oddly strange, because texts are always sent with numbers, times and all that other technology jazz. But no, not this one. A shudder of fear crawled it's way up and down my spine as the air turned cold around me.

"I'm not done with you.

-Lucifer"

Delete.

-----

Incase you didn't read it:

Camilla Hastings, born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, is a magnet for trouble. She lives a life believing in both God and Satan, yet not loving either one. When the Devil comes to her with the deal of a lifetime, she turns him down. But in order to stay safe, Camilla decides to "Go For God" and start worshipping the Lord and Savior that she never liked. And even though it's all fake, will Satan believe her? Who will Camilla finally decide to love and follow?