Chapter 8

Go karting was deadly.

I'm not talking about the risks of having an accident at high speed, though. I'm talking about dying because of - well, because of Harry's hotness. I had decided to go go karting with them just like Jake had suggested. Only that I was more of a spectator because I was a bit scared since I had had a not so pleasant experience when it came to karts.

So I stood at the side line, wearing a khaki biker jacket, ripped black jeans, black Converse and a scarlet t-shirt with two black lightnings.

The boys hadn't noticed me yet so I was able to observe them without them realizing it. Harry making me die as I already mentioned. He wore black jeans, a grey Ramones t-shirt and a black leather jacket which already made him look quite hot to say the least. Adding to that he had his sleeves pushed back, revealing the tensed up muscles in his arm that flexed whenever he turned the steering wheel around - which was by the way covered by his large hands - and his various tattoos. The helmet left a few stray curls and the concentrated and determined look on his face visible, making him even hotter.

As you can imagine he was also quite good at go karting. I mean what did you expect? He took place in illegal car races so it wasn't far fetched to say he would be good in go karting.

His kart crossed the finish line one more time and I saw him stopping not far away from where I was standing. "Whooo!" he screamed, climbing out of the kart, throwing a fist in the air. Then he slowly took off his helmet and shook his head before running his big hand through his disheveled curls. I involuntarily bit my lip. "I beat you again, Jake!"

He smirked at Jake who had parked next to him and looked at him grimly.

"Well, that was no surprise," Jake muttered.

"What a shame Vee saw you lose," Harry then said, making me freeze. I hadn't been aware that he had noticed me.

He now beamed his most beautiful smile at me and winked, giving me goose bumps. With a few long strides he stood in front of me.

Jake hurried after him. "Hey," he said, smiling at me and pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back but looked up at Harry who stood behind him and observed us grimly. "You know, losing to Harry doesn't mean I'm a bad driver given his experience in races," Jake said, after having let me go, nervously running one hand through his hair.

"Yeah, sure, nobody can beat Harry," I said, laughing.

Oh, how true it was. He wasn't just invincible when it came to races. His looks and his style weren't easy to beat either. He looked at me smugly and I winked.

When exactly had I started flirting with him? I needed to stop it this instant.

"I'll be right back, I just need something to drink, I'm dehydrating," Jake announced. Brilliant. Just brilliant. Now I was alone with the testosterone radiating Harry.

"So", he said, coming closer. His mesmerizing green eyes were trained on me.

Once again, I felt the tension between us. It was almost tangible. He came even closer.

"So?" I asked, trying to sound as confident as was possible with him towering over me, his toned body a few inches from mine and the amazing smell of him making me feel dizzy.

He came another step closer and looked down, still holding the eye contact. He put one of his big hands on my waist and bit his lip. Words cannot describe how hot it looked when he bit his lip. The dizziness got worse, knowing he had his hand on my waist, his long fingers playing with the hem of my t-shirt. "I was thinking the winner of the last race - so basically me - deserves some kind of price for his extraordinary accomplishment," he said, smirking.