Chapter 7

JJ was unsure of what it was that he wanted her to do. When she got to the top of the stairs she lingered. " Go!" Brent yelled. JJ started to walk toward what looked like a kitchen except this kitchen had tons of clothes, boxes, and other unknown things in it. When she was all the way inside of the kitchen she stood there. "What are you waiting for?" Brent asked " what do you want me to do?" she asked. " didn't you just hear me say that I was hungry? Or are you deaf?" He answered. JJ stared at him for a few moments. Brent came toward her, but before he could get to her she moved across the table and walked slowly toward the refrigerator. Scooting boxes out of her way as she did. She opened the refrigerator and was stunned by the smell. She moved her head away and looked at him. "i usually eat take out" he said looking slightly embarrassed. JJ turned toward the refrigerator again to see what she can possibly use to make breakfast. Or was it dinner time? She had no idea. She realized this and started to look out the windows, but they were boarded shut. All hope left her mind. luckily JJ found some eggs, sausage, and bread that seemed to be edible. As she gathered these items Brent sat down in the one chair that was free of litter. JJ moved toward the stove, it looked as if it hadn't been used in years. She assumed that it hadn't. She saw one pan that was in the sink and began washing it with the dirty towel that laid on the counter top. JJ began cracking the eggs and placing them into the pan. " it better be good" Brent said from behind her. It sounded like a threat. JJ wondered what the consequences were if this simple task wasn't completed correctly. Her hands began shaking involuntarily and the egg almost slipped out of her hand. Brent shook his head "you've gotta do better" he said while chuckling. JJ concentrated harder on scrambling the eggs. Pretty soon she added the sausage into the pan. JJ had not realized how hungry she was until she smelled the sausage. Her stomach screamed and scratched at her. How long was she there? How long has it been since she had eaten anything? The last thing was to toast the bread. When his breakfast or dinner was done she closed her eyes and did a little prayer. She grabbed a plate from the nearby drying rack and placed the food neatly onto it. She turned around slowly handed him the plate, and stepped back toward the counter to watch him as he ate it. Maybe she could get a head start to run if he hated it. Brent ate the food rather quickly. JJ was very thankful for that, it was a good sign. " no wonder why Will stays with you, you're a damned good cook." he said as he wiped his mouth on the sleeve of his shirt. JJ watched as he did this. "oh how rude of me, were you hungry?" he asked. JJ didn't respond, she could hear the sarcasm in his voice. "if this is how you treated your wife I think she is glad to be in some place better." JJ regretted the words as soon as they slipped through her lips. They were only supposed to exist in her thoughts. His face went from smug to enraged in a millisecond. "sorry" she said as he pushed his chair back so hard that it fell over. "sorry" she repeated with tears welling up in her eyes. Why did she say it out loud. She started biting her bottom lip. He came over to her and grabbed her hair. She balled her fist up out of reflex. He brought her face by his and said " you are gonna learn to respect me, you hear me?" He pulled her hair harder on the last three words. JJ tried to pull away from him. "do you hear me?" he asked"yeah" she answered. That one word killed her everything. Killed her self confidence. Killed her hope. Killed her everything. "now go shower, you stink." he said as he pushed her to the floor.

It has been three whole days since JJ have gone missing. The team had nothing. They had no evidence what so ever . The blood splatter that was on the carpet was JJ's . That was all they had. They had no idea of where to start looking, and they couldn't keep Will in the dark for too long. Emily was getting more and more nervous about finding JJ alive and healthy.