Chapter 12

Carmens POV

Slowly drifting out of sleep I didn't feel pain. I stayed still and I knew I was bruised but the bruises were not hurting compared to what I had been through lately. I lay there still recollecting all my thoughts of the day before. At least I think it was the day before. I was unsure of how long I had been asleep for.

At least I think I may of been asleep. I was most likely just unconscious.

I then realised I felt the weight of an arm around me. My head also wasn't on a pillow. I slowly opened my eyes to see a top. I looked up expecting to see Cole and instead it was Damon. His arm was wrapped around me holding me to him. One of my legs were tangled together with his, the other had a support..when was that put on? My head was also resting on his chest.

He looked so peaceful asleep. His whole face was relaxed and he was the most handsome I had seen him be. Not wanting to disturb him I lay my head back down and closed my eyes. I felt so relaxed in his arms. His slow breathing lulled me back to sleep.
Wait. Shouldn't it be his heartbeat making me fall asleep. I placed my head were his heart should be and heard nothing. I listened even closer and there it was. The quietest heartbeat I have ever heard. It was slow and hardly there. I felt so confused as to whether or not demons actually had beating hearts.
My head was still against his chest to and I was so deep in thought I didn't even realise the hand that was stroking my hair. When I did I slowly raised my head and saw Damon with his head looking up at the ceiling. His eyes had slow tears falling from them and his breathing was jagged. His tears were blood red...how unusual.

I didn't disturb him by saying anything I just lay there in his arms and waited for him to talk. He didn't say a word he just stayed utterly still looking at the ceiling. I lifted one of my hands and brushed my hand across a stray tear that was falling down his face. He turned to me and he smiled softly. He held my hand against his face and looked deep into my eyes. I could feel my heart skip a beat and fall harder for him.

"You're okay." He whispered softly then kissed my hand. I just nodded, my breath taken away. After a while the question was burning inside of me and I had to ask.

"Why were you crying?" I said it quietly not wanting to upset him further. He chuckled instead surprising me completely. He put his hand either side of my face and brought his lips down on my mine. It was the softest of touches but it meant more to me than any of the other kisses.

"I thought I had lost you." He whispered against my lips.

"I'm right here." He laughed louder this time and his smile reached his eyes. It was so genuine and heart stopping I closed the distance of our lips and kissed him quickly and lightly.

"Yes you are." He said after the sweet kiss. I blushed lightly and smiled looking down at his chest.

"Damon?"

"Yes?" He looked down at me with questioning eyes. I blushed slightly and refused to meet his eyes. I should tell him. I really should.

"I think that...I was think that maybe I...I lo..." I was cut off by the crash of the door.

Wait since when did I have a door? Before I could ask about this Cole was in the room.

"How is she? Is she alright!?" He then looked down at me and his eyes filled with hurt and sadness. I sat up a blush pouring over my face. My face instantly cringed against the fast movement and the twinge of the bruises. His eyes softened and he ran over to me. He was about to grab my hand in worry but Damon grabbed my hand quickly and wrapped his arm back around me bringing against him. I wasn't sure but I swear I heard a growl leave his lips. I must of been hearing things.