~Your Mother Carrie

Her Escape pt. 4

"Wake up!" Father screamed as I got smacked in the face several times. "Come on wake up!!!" He screamed again and this time hit harder.

"Ugh," I grumbled slowly opening my eyes.

"Look at what you have done!" Father said putting my wrist to my face. I noticed there was black sting equally crossed over my deep cut and soon realized they were stitches. "Why would you do this!?" He yelled dropping my wrist and getting close to my face. "Is the stuff I do not enough?" He asked getting closer.

"Y-yes Father I-it's p-plenty," I said scrambling for words.

"Are you sure because your actions don't seem like it," he said strapping my arm down and I soon realized we were in the basement and I was in my buckled chair getting strapped down as usual. "And I think I'm going to make sure you don't harm yourself again and let me do it," Father said with a devil look in his eye.

"No please that was enough," I said almost in a whisper.

"What was that?" He asked getting really close.

"I said that was enough," I said my voice cracking. Smack! One to the right cheek.

"How dare you say that to me!" Father yelled steam coming from his ears and his eyes turning red from the anger boiling through him.

"I'm sorry," I said no quieter than a whisper. I was too terrified to even find out what he was going to next. Then he did something unexpected.

Unstrapping me from the chair he said "Go get some bread and then go to your room." I sat in the chair unstrapped blankly staring at him. "Hurry before I change my mind," he said turning away from me. With that I got up, walked along freezing cement basement floor and walked up the stairs.

~2 Hours Later~

Laying on my bed in my room staring at the ceiling. The blank white ceiling, yet it has so much meaning. While my eyes still burning from the thousand tears that ran out one after another, I kept thinking about why Father just let me go like that. I think he might have been losing it. He never let me just leave. Ever since he started he always promised he would do it every night. But for some reason this was different. And this is why the blank white ceiling has so much meaning. Because all of my thoughts just get pulled out and go straight to that blank canvas that I fill with all my thoughts.

~Flashback~

"Oh honey why don't you come down for supper?!"

"Okay Mom." I remember running down the stairs as quick as I could, skipping one step every time I went. I couldn't wait for Moms food. It was the best. "What are we having tonight?"

"Oh well only my famous meat loaf," And there was that signature smile that's now only a memory.

"I can't wait!"

"Good cause its done," and there's Father with his alcohol in one hand and at that time I didn't know what was in the other, I mean gosh I was only six. But now I do, I know very well what was in that hand.

"No, please, Jack, put the knife down now!" Ah that's it, a knife.

"Uh, Brittaney, why don't you go up to your room, me and your mommy are gonna have a little talk."

"Okay," and I booked it to my room and slammed the door closed. I remember hearing my mothers faint screams and I remember feeling the tear after tear roll down my cheek. Next I hear police and ambulance. Then I fell asleep. I woke up, in my bed with covers with my hung over father who just killed my mother the night before sleeping right next to me. Now I know i was only six, but I'm pretty smart now, I think I can piece it together.

~End Of Flashback~

I sat up and wiped my face on my pillow. I got up to use the bathroom but on my way, I noticed the floor board cracked up a little. I bent down and picked up the floor board. Underneath was a note and a necklace. The note read...

💜My dear Brittaney,

By the time you're reading this, I'm long gone. You will be in high school. You will know that your father is a hopeless drunk. And he will beat the shit out of you every chance he gets. So I'm not sure if you will have friends or not do to your social anxiety but I hope so. I am terribly sorry for not getting you away from that monster you call a father, it's just every time I said I would leave. He would threaten you and I did not want that. So I suffered myself. I just want you to know that I love you deeply and I hope you treasure this note. Now make sure u take good care of this necklace. And keep it safe. Now remember I will always love you and STAY STRONG

~Your Mother Carrie💜

A/N HEYY soo ik I haven't put anything up in awhile but I haven't had my iPod again soo I thought Id put this up for y'all soo here ya go! oh and remember STAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!😊😊😊💜💜💜