chapter two

As Lewis watched Dalv unlock the big, oak front door, he tried to ignore their conversation. It was awkward and had made Lewis slightly uneasy about being in Dalv's presence. The big man had gone from helpful and caring to odd and slightly frightening in Lewis's mind. He stepped inside and gasped. the front room was astounding huge and beautiful. It was entierly wood and lit by vintage gas lamps. 

"Like it, huh?" chuckled Dalv. 

"it's beautiful." said Lewis, successfully forgetting their previous conversation.

"If you think this is great, wait til I show you my favourite room. The basement." said Dalv.

"What's in there? A bowling alley?" asked Lewis.

"Even better." said Dalv with a wicked grin. Lewis just smiled back, excited to see what the basement was. They went to the basement door and walked down the stairs, in the dark.

"Why not turn a light on?" asked Lewis.

"This property is very old. The basement is the oldest part. No switches down here." replied Dalv. They reached the bottom, which seemed to be a stone floor. They walked for a few seconds then stopped.

"You stay right here. I have a surprise for you." said Dalv.

"What?"  asked Lewis, confused.

"It's a surprise, I'm not going to tell you beforehand. It's my pride and joy. I love showing it off." said Dalv, disappearing into the darkness. Lewis heard what sounded like a door shutting. Then a giant chandellier overhead lit to life, literally. Some contraption lit the candles in it as though it were a giant gas lamp. As the room lit up, he realized it was almost like a sports arena. Like a big, underground gladiator stadium. As his eyes ate in the room, he saw something utterly horrifying. He suddenly felt as though he were part of a gory, demented horror film. In a sick way, he was right.