Deadman Wonderland- Senji

“Ooooohhhhh Senji~!” I called as I ran down the vast hallway. I saw the figure ahead of me turn and look down at me.

“Hey, what’s up, Squirt?” Senji smiled, ruffling my hair. He kneeled down to my height and waited patiently for me to go on.

“I- Erm...,” I stuttered, looking his face over up close. It seemed to be more worn than usual, with bags under his eyes and cuts across his forehead. I slowly reached up and gently felt the deepest one right below his hairline. “Senji, were you fighting again?”

His eyes opened all the way from his smile and he noticed the worried look I had on. Senji stood up and covered the cut quickly. “Um, yeah, but don’t worry, okay? I’m alright. See?” He grinned widely, as if that would help hide anything.

“No! Senji’s not okay!” I argued, balling my hands into fists. “Who hurt you?”

Senji laughed so hard he threw his head back, the laughter echoing off the vacant white walls. “Do you really think anybody could hurt me? I beat that guy piece of cake. These scratches, they ain’t nothin’.”

I couldn’t help but smile a little. Obviously, Senji didn’t want me to worry... So maybe for his sake I won’t show it.

“Oh yeah? I bet I could beat you!” I sneered jokingly. I stuck my tongue out and peeled down the bottom of my left eye. Giggling, I shoved my hands in my pockets and leaned back on my heels, awaiting his response.

“Heh, good luck Squirt. That’ll be the day,” He snickered, crossing his arms. I sighed and shrugged, replying,

“Alright. Here I go. Be ready!”

I ran at him full speed, jumping on his front and wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. Then, I made sure to wiggle my chest against his, holding on tightly as he tried to shake me off.

“C’mon, you know you want them! Look you already have a nosebleed!” I giggled as he pried me off and set me down. He held his nose and didn’t bother hiding the blush across his cheeks.

“Even the small ones work on me.” Senji mumbled, shaking his head and wiping the blood on his pants.

“Small ones?!” I screeched as I stomped my foot against the tiles. “Someday I’ll grow an F cup and we’ll see just how effective those are huh?!”

He smiled, placing a strong hand on my head and ruffling my hair again. “I bet you can still sleep face down, right?” He lead me down the hall with him, heading for his cell.

“So what if I can?” I pouted and stuck my hands back in my pockets. “That doesn’t mean anything.”

“Where did you learn that?” Senji asked, with his eyebrows furrowed as he thought about what had happened. “Aren’t you a little young to know how to know a weakness like that?”

I smirked and replied with my nose in the air, “Heh, anime.” His eyebrows furrowed deeper while he inquired, “And just where the hell do you get anime in a place like this?!” I just stuck my tongue back out at him without answering him.

“Your TV is a great place to watch it too, such a big screen. It really maximizes the boobage.” I giggled, adding almost a skip in my step. If anybody hadn’t noticed already, our whole relationship was basically snide comments that always kept the other wondering if it was really true or not.

“W-What?! What kind of anime are you watching?” Senji questioned, looking away lost in thought.  He was probably full of questions at this point, but he certainly wasn’t going to get any answers from me.

We turned the corner and Senji used his keycard to get into the door to his cell. He took his hand off my head and stepped into the large room, full of exercise equipment, and collapsed on the bed against the wall.

“How do you even get into my room if I’m the only one with the keycard?” He asked, closing his eyes and placing his arms under his head.

“What, it’s not like you can’t make a copy of something.” I said, walking over to a cabinet by a treadmill. I opened it up and pushed aside pill bottles and energy shots to find a small of bandages. Grinning, I plucked one out and went back to Senji.

“But... Nevermind. I’m not going to doubt you. I’ve found random DVD’s laying around here I think I can guess where they’re from.” He sighed and dismissed it with a flick of his hand, which he tucked back under his head.

I leaned over his face and pried apart the plastic wrapping for the bandage. Carefully, I placed it over the deep cut on his forehead, poking it to make sure it’ll stay down.  Still not satisfied, I licked my finger and wiped away the blood by the wound, pushing his black, wiry hair out of the way.

“And~,” I puckered my lips and softly kissed the bandaged cut. I flung my head up, my long hair flying over my shoulders. “Done.”

Senji’s gray eyes looked into mine with admiration before we went back into a full, toothy smile. “Heh, keep it up like this, Squirt, and you’ll be taking care of me in my retirement home!”

Cover credit- Found here: http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/Senji_Kiyomasa I do not own the picture.