Retainer Girl

NOTE: This is a sequel to BRACE FACE.. You might wanna go read that first.. Unless you're a really cool person that would read all the book backwards, like reading the harry potter saga backwards..

Enjoy! :)

"Mummpphhahharghhkaeha"

"Ella. Please."

"Hheiaaileetoyuu!"

"Ella!! I can't understand what you're saying!"

I took my retainer out of my mouth and giggled.

"Can you believe I have my braces out?! Isn't that incredible! I feel like a totally new person Summer!"

"I know! You look hot!"

"Oh shut UP!"

I pushed her into the grass, where she fell down laughing. I stood beside her and chuckled. She was one funny gal. And to think that one year ago I thought she was annoying!

Moral of the story: Never judge a book by its cover.

Summer and I met last year in a dreaded hell hole. 

Also known as art class.

She helped me out when Patricia pushed me over one day and paint spilt all over me. Summer was the only one who was there to help me out. I appreciated it so much.And now we're the best of friends! 

In our group of four, she was the one I can really relate to. Considering she's the only girl and all but who cares?

"I think Gage and Carter are already in Double Scoops. Wanna go see?"

"Why not?"

We got up, and started walking. Double Scoops was about a block or two away, so it took a little longer to get there.

Double Scoops is the frozen treats shop my dad opened up a year ago. I work there too, and so does my sister. The job is the best one that one could find! You get a good pay, you work with cool people, and you get 5 frozen treats everyday! Talk about loving your job!

We were meeting up with Carter and Gage, two very special guys in my heart.

Carter was my friend since, like, forever! We were friends until grade three, when he decided to ignore me for 6 years, until a year ago when we finally talked. We went to our school's valentine dance together after MANY complications. Believe it or not, he went to the dance with Summer before me! He even cheated on me with his girlfriend, Tally, when we met up in Florida. He joined my circle of friends at graduation, and since then we've been even better friends than in grade 3. 

Gage is a sweet heart. I never noticed him until last year, when he started talking to me. However, I never took the chance to talk to him. I had too much drama going on in my life, and I was always trying to impress someone else. But the same day of the "art class" incident when I met Summer, Gage asked me to go to be his date for the graduation ceremony. I accepted, and ever since I have seen him under a new light. A light I really like. 

"Crap!"

I fell down onto the ground, as Summer burst into a giggling fit.

"What happened?"

"I was kinda lost in my own thoughts.."

"About who? Was he hot??"

"How do you know it's a he?"

"Because I just do."

"I was just thinking about how much I hated you."

Her face went as hard as stone, and she walked ahead of me. I giggled, knowing she was kidding.