Chapter Thirty Three

"Yeah, he was smokin." I decide to humor Terezi. I mean maybe she's right and talking about it will help.

"Was he stupid?"

"No, not at all. He was really smart. Brilliant really."

"Then what happened?"

"It just didn't work out."

"Yeah but why?" I shrug and Terezi pokes my cheek. "Come on Dave. Spill it."

"I was kind of a rebound and he didn't see a future for us, so I broke it off."

"Yikes. Why'd you agree to be a rebound?"

"Because I really like him."

"Well it's over now and you can join the independent club with me."

"Ok Terezi, ok." She gets up and goes through the movies. She must find the one she wants because she smiles and heads over to the TV. Before I know it she has it started and is back on the couch resting her head in my shoulder again.

"So your gay?"

"Uh, I had a girlfriend before. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. What about you?"

"As far as I can tell I'm straight. But you never know until it happens. Now shush and watch the movie."

"Well you started talking first."

"Yeah, yeah." She waves her hand dismissively and then we both get involved in watching the movie. I catch her sneaking glances at me, but I ignore it. When the movie is over she changes it for a different one, but this time when she sits down she faces me. "Hey Dave?"

"Hmm?"

"I get it if you don't want to tell me, I had problems with my eyes. I mean I was blind. But why do you always wear shades?" Huh, I had completely forgot about my shades. I got so use to wearing them all the time after Dirk left that I didn't even notice.

"My eyes are red." I have no idea why I just told her that. I never want to tell anyone.

"Like albinism?" She tilts her head to the side.

"Not really, it's just my eye color."

"Can I see?" She smiles at me and I shrug.

"I guess so." I reach up and pull my shades off. Very slowly I open my eyes and she smiles. Then she turns her back to me for a few seconds. At first I'm a little hurt because I don't understand why, but when she turns back toward me I understand. She was wearing contacts, and her actual eye color is red too. "Wow, I never would have guessed."

"Mine are from my surgery. But I don't really mind them, because now I can see. But your eyes are so beautiful." She leans closer with a big soft smile. I feel my cheeks flame up and I glance at the TV.

"Uh thanks. What movies is this?"

"What?" Terezi glances at the TV and shrugs. "One of my exes movies. Like I said crappy movies are suppose to make you laugh."

"Mhmm." Terezi rest her head on my shoulder and gets comfortable.

"Hey Dave?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you'll move out here?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"Because I like hanging out with you. Your so sweet, and your just so different. I'd imagine you'd have to move out here if you want to keep directing."

"That's the plan."

"Do you need a place to stay?"

"Why?"